• This topic has 11 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by br.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Big and Bouncy; Tyres that is
  • rocky-mountain
    Free Member

any recommend some big volume tyres for gerneral riding; comfort and speed. not quite in the pugsley cat.

was also thinking of a large one up front smaller at the back.

am riding rigid, steel frame, carbon forks

DezB
    Free Member
    warpcow
    Free Member

I'm quite liking Maxxis Ardents and ADvantages in 2.25 at the mo'. They're big but relatively light and fast rolling for the amount of grip they give. Despite it being overused hyperbole, I might even say they were confidence inspiring compared to my old Contis that I thought I loved so much.

They're cheap too.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

The aspen, despite looking like it will slide everywhere, is really rather good too.

Obi_Twa
    Free Member

Spesh Captains.

jackthedog
    Free Member

I hear the Maxxis Advantage 2.4 is mahoosive, if you've the clearance.

blue_mountain_goat
    Free Member

I use a Rubber Queen 2.4 on the Mountain Unicycle, fantastic tyre.

mttm
    Free Member

Try a Weirwolf 2.55" LT up front, paired with an Aspen 2.25" out back. Or you could try two of the Weirwolves, but I suspect that this would be overkill (and you may not have enough frame clearance).

This WTB / Maxxis combo will be fast with plenty of air volume.

Rickos
    Free Member

Bonty Big Earls are very nice. Drifty in a non-scary way. Make sure you get the wet version though.

MrOvershoot

The Bonty XDX 2.4" that came on my Remedy 8 are huge, great on rock but a bit floaty/drifty in mud

Like these

sssimon
    Free Member

I love a 2.35 high roller front and a 2.0 larsen on the rear (larsens come up big more like a 2.2)

br
    Free Member

Nobby Nic 2.4's for me.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Big and Bouncy; Tyres that is’ is closed to new replies.