Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Bicester shopping village.
  • zippykona

Had the recent misfortune to visit there.
    Does anyone know why there are so many cars there , yet so few people?

IHN

All the staff have to park somewhere.

withersea
    Free Member

V bad car park lay out, it all seems to have been added on at a later date.

zippykona

I sat in the car with a cuppa for about 3/4 hour. Normally you see people coming and going.It just seemed to be cars arriving.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

WTF did you go there for? It’s horrific! It’s a shopping centre for the holiday makers and chavs! There is not really one decent shop there. The North Face used to be good it’s not any more, you can get better sales on line and with more current clothing. Bicester village want to be “posh” so they have hounded out Tog 24, Helly Hansen, Fat Face and Quiksilver. it’s an awful awful place and should be burnt to the ground. It brings the whole town to a standstill on the weekend, and as for BH’s and Christmas it’s a nightmare!
    boxing Day 2010 it was so busy, everyone started parking on the dual carriage way on the run up to Bicester Village!! They were just abandoning their cars and walking off, so many did it they struggled to manage, couldn’t tow them as not enough trucks.
    hateful place .. can you tell!?

IHN

But you’re not bitter, right?

zippykona

Munge Chick. Total agreement. Someone actually recommended it to us.
    Thought I would look in the belstaff shop.
    Nothing in there that looked like a belstaff jacket.

br
    Free Member

My wife use to work there, staff parking was a real problem.

Also they coach-in tourists from London – for some reason its popular with the Asians/Far East. In fact they have a system to check your mobile phone signal on the way in and find the ‘home’ network.

zippykona

To be fair we did see a handbag that had been slashed from £999 to £965.
    Bargain.

chakaping
    Free Member

Apparently four out of five Chinese tourists to the UK go there.

If you look at the website though, you;d get the impression it was solely frequented by the cast of Made In Chelsea.

Look

wrecker
    Free Member

it’s an awful awful place and should be burnt to the ground.

It shouldn’t take much……
    I PM’d some works there and as the whole place is made of wood, the fire safety rules are harsh!
    We nearly went to close coupling pipe joints (copper to copper), which is only ever normally done in airports.
    I did get a couple of super cheap ted baker suits though…… 😳

toby1

If you did burn it to the ground, where would the morons spend their weekends? They might go where you go …

br
    Free Member

If you did burn it to the ground, where would the morons spend their weekends? They might go where you go …

I’ve no problem with people ‘buying’ into brands, apparently a number of STW’s do – you only need to see their Audi’s…

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

But it’s 2003 Gucci collections! Now if you choose to buy designer clothes surely buying a 2003 collection in 2013 is seriously uncool 😉

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Convenient stop off on the M40 for me. I miss HH as used to buy my running tops there. Been quite lucky in North Face (great cycle top that I wear all the time now etc) but not much there for guys. We just limit ourself to 1 hour max and a quick refuel.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Bicester shopping village.’ is closed to new replies.