Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Bib tights!
  • Spud

What’s good and what’s not?

matt_outandabout

Good: wearing my baggies or waterproofs over the top.
    Bad:

Spud

That is indeed very wrong! I was kind of after makes etc mind.

matt_outandabout

For winter tights I have some Scott ones, soft shell/windy(ish) proof front panel and they fit really well and work really well – warm, comfy and don’t get all wet like my older pair.

stratobiker
    Free Member

Lusso.
    They aren’t expensive.
    They last for years.
    I recommend them to you without reservation.
    SB

Teetosugars
    Free Member

DHB from Wiggle are great for not a lot of cash.

takisawa2

I’ve some Aldi ones that have been ok. Only wear them if its really reall cold though.

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Pearl Izumi. Well worth a look – check out Parker International for some deals.

unovolo
    Free Member

+1 for the DHB ones,have a pair of Roubaix ones ,supremely comfortable(for me at any rate).
    The double layer on the knees is great at this time of year too.
    For the money I think they cannot be beaten.

simondbarnes

I love my Castelli Fluido Nano Flex bib tights. Warm, windproof, water resistant and a super comfortable pad. Not cheap, but worth every penny IMO.

leffeboy

mrs leffe bought me some Pearlizumi AmFib tights. Was a bit unconvinced initially as they felt a bit bulky when standing up but when riding they are awesome. The seem to be more waterproof than my sportful pair and are super toasty. Can’t get me out of them now and I’m glad she bought them as there is no way I would spend that much on tights but they rock.

Only downside is that if you want bib tights to hold in your christmas excesses then these won’t do it as the upper half seems quite stretchy to help with dealing with the call of nature 🙁

Spud

Choice seems to be between fleecy roubaix or waterproof ish ones like amfib etc.

DT78
    Free Member

My favourites are endura fs260, giordiana ones going well too.

andycs

Altura Ergo Fit.

njee20
    Free Member

Never got on with Lusso myself, didn’t find them very warm or well fitting YMMV.

I love my Assos ones, but again not cheap, just the basic Roubaix ones, got some of the windstopper ones, but don’t think they’re as good.

mogrim

The Decathlon ones aren’t very good, at least mine aren’t – the pad fell out, and the sizing’s weird (my fault – I should have got a bigger pair!). Warm and cheap, though.

hock

Rather on the expensive side but an interesting alternative as they have diverse support and compression functions and come in more and less insulating versions:

CW-X

I’ve got the 3/4 Insulator Stabylix version and am pretty happy, thinking of getting the none-Insulators for the warmer season. They don’t come with a pad though.

mustard
    Free Member

The Decathlon ones aren’t very good, at least mine aren’t – the pad fell out, and the sizing’s weird

Not the first person I’ve heard say that so I’d go with the weird sizing than you’re fault.

I’m very happy with a pair of Ground Effect Daddy Long Legs; non-padded tights but super warm, comfortable and well made. Just wear them over your fave bib shorts. Means you don’t need to wash them after every outing too. I’ll defo be getting more of their kit but do check out their sizing chart, I was flattered to see I’m a small! 😀

TiRed

Pearl Izumi AmFib here. Bought in the sale for a lot. Perfect in sub 10 degrees, adequately waterproof and windproof. A little tight around the ankles. Mine are Elite shape. I wear 3/4 length plus some cheap roubaix tights off road.

druidh
    Free Member

If you don’t mind the amount of white panelling, the Endura Elites are great. The have the waterproof Stealth fabric on arse & shins but the rest stretches to fit (unlikely the complete Stealth garments). If you’re the taller/thinner type then the straight Endura Stealth stuff is great for this time of year.

mustard, I believe Ground Effect go on “packet” size….

PaulD
    Free Member

Decathlon every time, at least to see/try what they have.
    Prices are excellent compared to Branded Goods and durability has never been an issue with me.
    Keep the receipts…I know someone who bought a sleeping bag, used it for 6 weeks continuously then took it back and complained, getting a full refund.

Saw the comments above about sizing, but this does not bother me as I try it on in the store and know if it fits….no mail order hassles.

PaulD….a real Decathlon fan.

mustard
    Free Member

mustard, I believe Ground Effect go on “packet” size….

*tries really hard to think up a witty retort*

*fails* 😳

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Bib tights!’ is closed to new replies.