Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Bib shorts, your advice please.
  • njee20
    Free Member

Totally agree on the F.I.Uno Assos pad, the F.I.Mille and F.I.13 are far better.

mrmo
    Free Member

Branding heavy so fine under baggies but I’d love to know who makes them for Zipvit.

bit of digging and i might be wrong.

based on cut and pad, the pad is less common than some.

http://velotec.co.uk/bibs.html

compare with

http://www.zipvitsport.co.uk/products/zv-sport-bib-shorts.html

As i said could be completely wrong though

toxicsoks
    Free Member

Mid to top range DHB stuff for me. The roubaix ones have been a revelation this winter.

white91
    Free Member

Assos are worth the money imho

bob_summers

The DHB Aeron pros for me, at least, are equal to Assos in terms of long distance comfort (based on 20,000km a year) but fall short (hah) in quality. Latest pair of DHBs have some hanging threads and broken bits of elastic, the material doesn’t feel so nice, but then I can get two (or three?) pairs for the price of one pair of F1 milles so I’ll put up with it. The Assos ones don’t last appreciably longer either.

Spud

Rapha, Assos and Castelli did for me in all my training and LEJOG over 9 days last summer. The Rapha and Assos I’ve found more hardwearing too, as the pad stitching on the Castelli pairs has come undone. Which is a shame as they’re very good.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Thanks for all the comments folks.

I’m a little cautious about the idea of endura as its their shorts that are rubbing me up the wrong way currently. Having said that, I guess the 260 pro bibshorts might be a totally different beast from the mt500 shorts I’m currently using.

The Castelli seem like a reasonable compromise between cost and quality from what people have said.

Any advice on sizing? Are they best sized by height or waist? Do the size charts give an accurate guide?

Thanks again folks.

edhornby

If you want gel insert then get santini ones from prendas

They are more comfy if you don’t wear baggies over them and they don’t wear out as fast

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Anyone use the ones from Howies?

simondbarnes

Most comfortable bibshorts I have are some Castelli Bodypaint 2.0 and some Endura Equipe Endurance, both excellent on 100+ mile rides.

Spud

I’m a medium in Castelli and they’re snug at that, but a small in Rapha and Assos.

globalti
    Free Member

dhb every time for me.

plop_pants
    Free Member

I’ve mainly used Assos F1 Unos over the years. They’ve be fine for riding the Roubaix and Flanders cobbles and other long days in the saddle. The only disappointment is the lycra does last as well as the pad. It gets pretty see through after a while, so much so your bum cleavage is visible! But after two years of heavy use its not surprising this happens to mine.

Agree Castelli’s rubbish pad stitching.

I’d be very interested to know if anyone uses F1 Unos and the Morvelo stuff and if they compare well.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

bit of digging and i might be wrong.

based on cut and pad, the pad is less common than some.

The pad in the ZipVit’s is a Lafonte Hd

You could be right about the ones at the bottom. However, Zipvit sell them for less than their 10off price without VAT.

skellnonch
    Free Member

Sugoi RPM? feel very comfortable £45 @ koobikes

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Bib shorts, your advice please.’ is closed to new replies.