Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Bib shorts recommendations
  • YoKaiser
    Free Member

What have you been wearing recently that you’d recommend? I probably need to replace a couple of pairs, I’ve been buying DHB’s and they are fine whilst they are fairly new but seem to wear quicker than others I’ve had. Mid range DHB ones all the same. I am looking for something fairly decent but top end prices are getting a bit scary, I don’t think I’d pay north of a ton for a pair.

mj27
    Free Member

Morvelo, and I got 15% discount for being new and 40% in the sale.

They are not cheap but comfortable and well made.

Rubber_Buccaneer

I also like Morvelo but sizing is on the snug side and varies a little between ranges. I can’t boast cyclists thighs but their Nth series mediums for very medium me are snug on my legs to the point of wondering whether I should have gone large.

longmover
    Free Member

I got some Chapeau! shorts a while back for 30 quid in the sale. They have been really good.

lunge

Decathlon, the most comfortable bib shorts I own and I’m a tart who has spent far too much money on them in the past. The 700 series stuff here is seriously good for the money.

Kryton57

Merlin are knocking out Altura Teams for £25. I was bought some for my Birthday.

Surprisingly comfortable if not slightly garish, obs not noticable under shorts.

iainc

Howies under baggies on MTB work for me.

Endura FS260 or DHB Aeron on road.

Recently got some tenn ones and they are right up there too :

these ones

eddie11
    Free Member

how much? howies are ok. endura are ok. santini are very good. rapha not so much especially for the price. Assos are very good even with the price.

DeeW
    Free Member

I really rate the Zipvit ones as long as baggies on top. Sales come around fairly often too.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

I don’t want to spend anymore than 100.

iainc

often wondered about those 2 in one Gore ones – any good ?

OmarLittle
    Free Member

Assos Uno from their factory outlet site scrape in under £100. I prefer the Mille which are a bit more expensive but the Uno’s are still really good shorts

Rapha now do a ‘cheaper’ range called Core the bibs are £100.

dickie
    Free Member
    nickc

Endura Extract are my go to bib shorts, they’re not quite as roadie cut as FS260, but still really good fit and material for the price

Yak

Top end dhb are much better than the mid range stuff – better pad and much better Lycra. Well worth the extra and still well under budget.

nickc

aye true that, top end DHB stuff is daft value for money

pleaderwilliams
    Free Member

Rapha Pro Team by far the best I’ve used. For £100 I’d be going for the new Core collection ones.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

I have a few pairs, my Santini ones are the best,…like wearing nothing…and they are white, so i literally stop traffic 😀

onionmk
    Free Member

Way south of your budget- I just bought these from decathlon in Stockport for £8.99- down from £49.99

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/700-aerofit-3-4-cycling-bib-shorts-black-id_8327988.html

allfankledup

Dhb roubaix 3/4 from sept until now. Love them to bits

Bought some aeron last week – still to try them

Avoid rivelo

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Bib shorts recommendations’ is closed to new replies.