Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Bib shorts for tall and narrow
  • localhero94
    Free Member

Hi all. I'm 6'3" with a long torso and narrow at the waist. I'm having problems finding bib shorts that fit top and bottom half – ie I should be a medium/large waist size (33/34) but this means the straps for the bibshorts are too tight. If I go for xl so the straps fit, then the waist is too baggy/chamoix too big. Any ideas on brands that are sized for the 'taller but not bigger' gentleman?

Edric64
    Free Member

I'm 6ft 4 and always find the straps to short as well

localhero94
    Free Member

I thought I had it cracked when I got some Lusso max repel bib tights in xl which fit great. Got some of their xl bibshorts and the chamoix is too big 🙁

MajorMantra
    Free Member

I don't know if this would apply to someone your height, but I've found Santini bibs work fairly well. I'm 5'8.5" but am so skinny that I wear XS bibs.

Try asking Prendas.co.uk for advice.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

I'm taller than you and slimmer (32 waist) so have the same problem with a lot of kit. I've got bib shorts from Endura and Gore that are fine on strap length – I just look for straps that are a bit more elastic.

Burls72
    Free Member

I use altura in large and found them to be ok. They are a bit short in the body but then i'm 6'6" so basically everything is going to be. Never noticed the straps digging in so can't be that bad and when your sat on the bike your torso is shorter. Lycra stretchs loads you only have to wander into town to see some lovely examples of that 😀

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Bib shorts for tall and narrow’ is closed to new replies.