Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Bib knickers – recommendations please
  • ourmaninthenorth

As above, I'm looking for some bib knickers for riding to and from work. It's an early start (hence wanting to keep my knees warm). Need to be cheap (I want 2 pairs), and suitable for a short/squat build.

DHB Earnleys look OK for the money. Any pros/cons or other recs?

Cheers

OMITN

cynic-al
    Free Member

My Enduras have a chamois the size of a pizza, feel well funny until you get on the bike.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Is that a Pizza in your pants or were you just relieved to see me? 😕

ourmaninthenorth

Endura chamois is, IME, gash – chafes-ville.

But I do like pizza (hence the "squat")…..

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Dhb are spot on, but generous in sizing…

bristolbiker
    Free Member

Earnleys are v. good for the money – they are my default option for commuting for most of the year, being warm enough for all but the coldest days. I find the newer silver pads better than the red ones, but that's just IMO.

ourmaninthenorth

Cheers teeto and bristolbiker.

Checking the sizing chart on Wiggle, it looks like I'm one down from my usual place on the clothing league of shame. Yay, I'm getting slimmer..!

Teetosugars
    Free Member

ourmaninthenorth – Member
    Cheers teeto and bristolbiker.
    Checking the sizing chart on Wiggle, it looks like I'm one down from my usual place on the clothing league of shame. Yay, I'm getting slimmer..!

I know what you mean… I'm a Large in DhB…

And those who know me would be as surprised as I was…

nbt

I use legwarmers for colder commutes, means I can just stuff them in the bag for the warmer home leg in the evening. Just a thought…

Surfr
    Free Member

I'm a short arse (5'7" with short arms and legs) and the DHB Large fits me like a glove. I'm an XL in Endura. I wear the Merston 3/4 bibs most of the time. I do have some Earnleys but they are just lycra without a liner and the stitching has come undone across both of the knees. Merstons are much better build quality.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Bib knickers – recommendations please’ is closed to new replies.