• This topic has 19 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by GHill.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Bhf tomorrow
  • benjii19
    Free Member

Who’s doing the bhf peaks ride tomorrow? 40mile will be the longest mtb ride over ever done.

northernmatt

I signed up for it then foolishly changed jobs which means I’ll be working tomorrow 🙁

danti

Yeah I’ll be there on a Fireline, also doing the 40 mile route.
    Not done this event/route before so bit nervous of how tough it’ll be and how well they mark the route.
    Say hi if you see me.
    Dan

Onzadog
    Free Member

Dan, I was looking at the route earlier today so I could avoid it. You’ll be fine mate. My builder is doing the 40 miler as well. Say hi to a chap called Steve on a bouncy trek if you see him.

danti

Will do mate, hopefully coming to see you soon!

benjii19
    Free Member

Ill be on a mondraker foxy with black forks.

No idea how much food to pack!

So far 750ml water with a high5 tab

3litres in my pack

2 gels

1 iso bar

Dried figs

Tangfastics

Biltong

danti

Pretty much same amount of food/gels.
    If not enough then hopefully a few nibbles at water stops or not too far from shops where you can get a bit extra.

jeffl

Even I manage 40 miles, slowly, you’ll be fine 🙂

Onzadog
    Free Member

Nice day for it, how did folks get on?

bigdean

6hrs 40 to do the ultimate route. The climb upto shatton moor was horrible plus i decided to do it on a rigid.
    Strangley someone said following me down from whitstone le tor was the fastest they’ve been down there. Dont know how, I was trying not to get bounced into the heather.

A good day though.

jameswilliams54
    Free Member

I skipped the Shatton climb for that reason + finishing a 40mile ride by riding down brough did not appeal.

Extreme done in 4hrs 45mins.
    Great weather, overall a good day out.

burton
    Free Member

Did the black route which turned in to about 43.5 miles 6.hrs 41 min ..
    Was riding a orange five 29 some great people out there , having a good bit of banter 😉
    Fair few crashes and one lad broke his leg ( well made a mess of it) at the bottom of spud ally and carried on riding ..
    Eeeek…

singletracksurfer

Riding with broken legs isn’t just for roadies/contador.

Great conditions for it. Shatton climb was horrible, but Bradwell singletrack descent was great fun, if a bit rutted and the view was amazing.

benjii19
    Free Member

broken road

Yeah the tumble at the bottom of potatoe alley was Darren Birch..he’s happy with the outcome as he didn’t have to go straight into a night shift. He had just come off nights to do this. No broken bones as far as I know, just bruised.

Good day out and the longest MTB ride I’ve done.
    strava

bigdean

Was it the white one? Some good climbing going on there. I had some serious bike envy and the 5’s did stand out as nice bikes.
    The shatton climb was funny in the way as everyone said “oh s#$t” as around the next corner the road kept going up hill. Though the freshly flailed thorn hedge must have caught some out.

burton
    Free Member

Glad he didn’t brake it mate , it looked a rite mess.. Bloody here for carrying on 8)

He was on the black orange five ?

GHill

I did the Ultimate route in 5 hrs 16 mins. The Shatton climb nearly broke me, the cake in the Courtyard Cafe fixed me.

milky1980
    Free Member

Heard about the crash on Potato Alley, glad he’s ok.

Did the Extreme at a reasonably leisurely pace, got back at 4.30 just in time before the burger van closed!! Cracking weather and trail conditions!! Everyone was really happy to be out, loads of random conversations with everyone all round the route. Passed on the Shatton climb as I’d been up since 2am and driven up from Cardiff that morning so had enough riding for me!

Anybody know who was on the fatbike?

benjii19
    Free Member

He was on the black orange alpine.

I loved the ultimate route, managed some climbs I’d failed at before and failed some id done before. Well chuffed at getting up the climb which had the stream at the bottom…can’t remember it’s name! I just know loads walked it.

GHill

chuffed at getting up the climb which had the stream at the bottom…can’t remember it’s name

Jagger’s Clough?

There was a solid wall of people walking up it when I got there, no chance of getting through.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Bhf tomorrow’ is closed to new replies.