• This topic has 25 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by dlr.
Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • BHF London to Brighton Off Road
  • domderbyshire
    Free Member

Well, it’s nearly upon us. I can’t wait. Mountain biking for a good cause. Can’t be bad.

Cheeky plug a couple of days before the event, but if you don’t ask, you don’t get…

http://www.justgiving.com/DominicDerbyshire

Many thanks and maybe see some STWers there.

All the best,

Dom

transition1
    Free Member

See you there, am one of the mechanics

gee
    Free Member

I’m the hare again.

Catch me if you can.

GB

Keando

You’re not the only one looking forward to it 🙂

Enjoy the ride

Ken

retrobri
    Free Member

good day out, enjoyed last year…back for more this Saturday.

Kato

I’m going too. Enjoy

enfht
    Free Member

I’ll be wearing a red carnation.

Run Gee, RUN !

pnik

I’m the tortoise then. Sort of looking forward to it, although was hoping the weather would hold for a couple of days longer! Wife not looking forward to driving me up at stupid o’clock, at least I’m riding towards home. Any tips for the first timer? I hear it can get pretty congested on route, so hoping to get away in the first couple of waves,
    ?

gee
    Free Member

It’s a really strange feeling riding completely alone at 6am knowing there are about 3000 people following you.

Mental.

GB

DrP

Quick question George – why are you heading off at 6am? You part of the BHF team, or just bombing off alone for fun?

DrP

wwaswas

He’s on the fat bike bulldozing the trail open for everyone else?

njee20
    Free Member

Route checker and sign reinstater I believe!

singletracksurfer

He’s riding out front to check the signs haven’t been tampered with overnight. Hunt him down.

gee
    Free Member

Yep – chief sign reinstater. Only a couple were missing and one turned round on the Thames path. Other than that all good.

It that didn’t go quite as smoothly as last year… Cut rear tyre on the downs link, put in spare tube, spare tube has hole in it, ride 7 miles off the route on flat tyre to bike shop in Horsham, shredded tyre, buy replacement tyre…

Still, the route was better on the Warbird, particularly the downs link.

GB

domderbyshire
    Free Member

GB – thanks for your hard work. The signage was excellent and the event a real success. I even got up that big hill near the end (Sawyer’s Hill?) on a 1×10.

pnik

Yep thanks, signage was excellent. Im mullered though. I was amazed at how many people had signed up and had clearly never ridden offroad before. Coupled with the white van man approach to getting ahead taken by some riders im stunned there wasn’t more stacks.

enfht
    Free Member

Signs were spot on. The overnight rain combined with wrong tyres meant I found it harder going than last year. Southern Suspension at the Shere stop sorted my lack of sealant when I punctured, thanks guys. Great event.

Keando

Great event, organisation and signage was brilliant. Thank you to the mechanic at the last refreshment point for helping out with a simple tube change as I’d crashed pretty heavily in one of the wooded sections and it restricted use of my shoulder…

Also a big thank you to the two guys that stopped and checked that I was ok and also to all the people that asked after me on the rest of the route as miy right arm was na muddy, bloody mess.

Thoroughly enjoyed it and will be back (hopefully without stacking).

Stiggy

It was great fun, we were lucky with the weather. I did it on my crossbike and loved it…. until the final descent where the skinny tyre wasn’t enough and I punctured (hmm MonstercrossFTW :-)). Did the bloke on the BMX finish? Respect if he did!

nedrapier

How many people were riding this event?

Keando

3000 Riders in total.

nedrapier

Flip! That’s a lot. Did it feel crowded, or were you well spread out?

Keando

I started at around 7.15 and at times it was a bit crowded especially with some riders that weren’t used to riding offroad on the singletrack in the wood. Stopping for muddy puddles etc. But from the middle onwards it started to spread out.

Left Brighton around 20.00 and riders were still coming through.

Stiggy

Anyone know if there are pics anywhere?

singletracksurfer

The bmx’er made it! Respect.
    Last riders came in just after 9pm (after being guided down off the hill as they had no lights).

I think I’ll ride around puddles forever more myself now after seeing one being made created totally by horse wee. Jeepers they have big bladders 😯

dlr

Yep the BMX’er finished, friend of mine, I thought he was mad enough doing the road one on it let alone this!

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘BHF London to Brighton Off Road’ is closed to new replies.