Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • BFE build or Big Ed fatbike
  • crush83
    Free Member

Hay guys,

I already have a pivot Mach 5.7C but just fancy something elce fun.

Been looking around for a HT frame to build up and have found a Cotic BFE frame at a reasonable price but at the same time I fancy a fatbike and Scott are bringing one out in March called the big ed which I like the look of.

Does anyone have a BFE ? How does it ride and what length forks have you got on it?

Which ever way I go it will be used for mainly trail centers, a bit of local riding and just for fun

Chris

endurogangster
    Free Member

I had a bfe and it was a very capable bike, ran 150mm forks on it. Problem was it was that capable that I rarely rode my full sus. Replaced it for a singlespeed ti 456 evo as that offers something totally different to the full sus. So if it’s different you want go with the fat bike

crush83
    Free Member

Cool I was wandering if there would be too much of an capability overlap between a LT hardtail and FS.

badlydrawnchalk
    Free Member

I’ve got a Bfe, i bought it earlier in the year, and initially ran 130 revs on it, I’ve now gone bigger and stiffer up front with a set of 150 fox 34’s. I’m loving it to be fair its a great rag around bike which I use for everything from natural xc rides to enduro’s, I’m faster on it than my old full suss too!

chvck
    Free Member

I’d never sell my bfe, unless it was to buy a newer bfe. Run mine with 160mm lyriks and I ride everything from DH days to 8 hours out pedalling in the hills (2 sets of wheels). It’s brilliant.

funkmasterp

Sold my Bfe a few weeks ago and I’m regretting it. A truly capable LT hardtail that encourages you to do silly things. I was quicker than a few mates on LT full suss bikes. Mainly rode it in and around the Peaks running a U turn revelation mainly left at around 140.

Northwind

I didn’t like my BFe that much. Absolutely loved my Soul, but the BFe was a wee bit of a lump, didn’t have the waggy-dog feel of my other cotics, capable but not inspiring. With a short fork I thought, should have got another Soul, with a long one it was great at smashing into things but lost a lot of the poise.

YMMV of course but I just reckon that sort of bike should be slacker, ended up replacing it with a Ragley which is, sad to say, better at absolutely every damn thing imo. Well, not as pretty.

I_Ache
    Free Member

I love my BFe, it is probably the best bike I have ever ridden. It’s so much fun and so versatile that I can take it anywhere and not worry about if I have the right bike because it always is. I can’t see how a fat bike can be as much fun.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘BFE build or Big Ed fatbike’ is closed to new replies.