Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • BEWARE OF FRAUDULENT USER
  • fitz
    Free Member

PLEASE BE VERY CAREFUL IF BUYING FROM THE FOLLOWING USER jade[/b][/u].

I HAVE RECENTLY BOUGHT SOME WHEELS FROM THIS MEMBER, HOWEVER AFTER CONFIRMING RECEIPT OF MY PAYMENT VIA PAYPAL, SHE HAS DISAPPEARED OFF THE FACE OF THE EARTH. TO BUT IT BLUNTLY, I HAVE BEEN RIPPED OFF.

PLEASE BEAR THIS IN MIND IF YOU ARE LOOKING TO BY FROM [u]jade

MrNutt
    Free Member

who? what wheels? whats happened?

binners

Has Hora changed his sex as well as his log in?

nuke

How long has it been since she contacted you? She posted a week ago on another thread. Also looks like she's had plenty of other sales/purchasers on the classifieds. Doesn't sound like pitchfork time just yet…more info needed

fitz
    Free Member

HALO FREEDOM 26 PAID 140 QUID. NO RESPOND FROM THEM .REALLY PISS ABOUT IT

atlaz
    Free Member

Got to worry about people who only ever use the classifieds. I assume you didn't send the money as gift payment?

binners

Stop shouting. And….. breathe

mieszko
    Free Member

What other said. It's been a week only. I would (and generally do) worry after week 3 😉

fitz
    Free Member

TWO HALF WEEKS. PHONED HER AND SHE MAKING OUT ITS NOT HER ? EMAILS NO REPLY.. BUT SHE TOOK THE MONEY ALRGHT

fitz
    Free Member

WHATS THAT MEAN MATE ? DID SEEN IT AS A GIFT CAN I GET BACK THEN

walla24
    Free Member

stop typing in capitals for a start!

See if anyone else has contact details for her, there may be a legitimate reason for the delay.

fitz
    Free Member

ok then .just letting people know

meehaja
    Free Member

caps lock is to the left of the keyboard, give it a tap, there's a good chap.

given that the seller appears to be young (will get dad to deliver) chances are they've not had a day off school yet to get to the post office, and living in Skipton, the post office there probably shuts early on saturdays. Grante, good communication can solve this, but they might be scared/ stupid and not know what to do. you know what kids are like, the money's been spent, and now can't afford to post etc. doesn't take much effort to track someone down, find an address and send a polite letter requesting return of goods or cash in 7 days or you will take legal action. address is to Mr and add their surname. Keep it polite and formal and I bet your wheels will arrive.

walla24
    Free Member

yup as above ^^^^
    or if you didnt send the money as a paypal 'gift' but a standard payment for 'goods'? then either start a dispute from your paypal page or email paypal explaining the situation….then there is alwyas the police but wouldn't go there till you have tried everything else.

fitz
    Free Member

cheers meehaja top advice

fitz
    Free Member

can you start a dispute if you pay as a gift through paypal ?

Swiftacular
    Free Member

Nope.

johnduke
    Free Member

I sent money (paypal gift) for a rotor to a Jade Chapman Sunday before last(25th). She said it would go in the post on the Monday. 7 working days later, no sign of the goods and no reply to my emails. I'm not jumping to conclusions but it doesn't look good, just glad it was only a tenner. If Jade is reading and there's a fair reason for the delay please get in touch.

If you're spending allot of money it's worth having a good look at the users forum history and collecting the goods if possible. FWIW I've bought allot of stuff on the classifieds and most sellers have been honest and very helpful.

fitz
    Free Member

sorry its happen to you mate .its not on it needs sorting.

Talkemada
    Free Member

zaskar
    Free Member

Maybe she could be ill etc.

But she could get someone to email.

Not on if she has ripped you off.

uplink
    Free Member

Looks like a typical classifieds only user but it only looks like a week ago

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/fs-halo-freedom-wheelset-tyres

2hottie
    Free Member

Gutted, still go by the rule of don't sell if you can't post. Make a point of it at the point of sale, It's shite when it happens to you tho and generally makes me just want a refund. However wasn't there "another" STW user who was based up that way who also had issues with posting items for sale… just a thought.

OP send them an email saying your willing to meet up or something along those lines see if they change their mind

grantway
    Free Member

Put the address out and shure some one lives near by?

meehaja
    Free Member

I live near by….

fitz
    Free Member

may get the police involed now.140 quid a lot of coin to me

johnduke
    Free Member

fitz, don't know if you've had any news on the wheels but I received my rotor this weekend with a note of apology from Jade explaining that her dad had been taken ill on the day we did the deal. So it sound like an honest hold up and hopefully you're getting sorted out too.

fitz
    Free Member

still no news on the wheels .glad you got your rotor .

spooky_b329

Whenever I get asked to pay by Paypal Gift, I refuse and just add the fee on to my payment. I think there may even be an option now to pay the fee yourself, rather than trying to work out the fee on the transfer, plus the extra fee's to cover the fee you've added on, plus the extra extra fee's to cover the fee's that cover the fee. (obviously we are talking pennies, but you get the idea 😉 )

Drac

Don't pay the fee either why should you, the seller should accept this. If it's a small amount then maybe gift but not any large amounts

IanMunro
    Free Member

All I can hear in my head now is Seal singing "Jade, a shade of pain and then we die".

Off to listen to it on the ipod now.

markenduro
    Free Member

Not sure if you meant to do that, but like what you did there Atlaz 😆

Nezbo
    Free Member

My rules of the classfides are as follows :

Check the user profile if they are only have FS items in there, and check out some of the posts.
    Get a proper email address, and do a bit of communicating through that.
    Try to get a proper address or find out where they live.
    Don't use paypal gift.

Plus a bit more checking 🙂

Most people are good to deal with. dont spend to much unless you can pick it up and pay be cash.

saleem
    Free Member

Always make sure there is tracker on poster items,I sent a Hope headset but it never arrived so had to refund the buyer, on the other hand I bought a saddle that never arrived and the seller refunded me too, touch and go these days with the post office.

fitz
    Free Member

The wheels have come get in.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

The wheels have come get in.

so are you retracting your CAPITALS ??

IanMunro
    Free Member

So I take it you're now going to apologise for the fraud allegation before the libel case starts?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Jamie
    Free Member

so are you retracting your CAPITALS ??

Why? They seemed to have done the job.

fitz
    Free Member

yes but not sent front wheel axel bearing ..but still very happy. 😆

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘BEWARE OF FRAUDULENT USER’ is closed to new replies.