Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Better/cheaper than icebreaker merino ?
  • mosschops
    Free Member

Have three merino tops Longsleeve 200gsm icebreakers and a endure baa baa

Icebreakers are nicer fit and merino seems more cotton like and less scratchy

Any merino wearers got a fave brand thats cheaper but as good as icebreaker?

ta

MC

vondally
    Free Member

not liked my icebreaker at all

impressed with Devold off SP
    Smartwool

but not as baselayers for cycling in

bruk

Try Embers merino. Like a lot of their stuff.

Embers

dobo
    Free Member

vondally, whats wrong with your icebreaker, which one you got?
    really like the gt200, if im honest i usually wear it round the house rather than exercising in.

benp1

Been wearing my cheap merino top from aldi or lidl (can’t remember which one!)

Sleeves are too short but I kept it as it was so cheap, ironically it’s now getting the most use as I want to keep my other merino stuff for nicer trips/ventures, been using it for commuting. Doesn’t pong and is comfy, I just push the sleeves up when I’m not wearing a jacket over the top (do this with most tops anyway)

I’ll buy more when they come up for sale again. My long sleeved merino tops are icebreakers

RichPenny
    Free Member

Bought an icebreaker 150 t shirt for £13 in TK maxx on Sunday.

Which was nice 🙂

d3fm3ch
    Free Member

I dunno if it’s cheaper but I love my Howies merino base layer. Only now starting to decay after a good 5 years. I had an icebreaker fall apart in about a month. Eek.

hatter

Ditto on Howies, still not found anything better, even Rapha, they really are worth it.

Hang on til March and get them in the winter stock clearance sales if you’re tight.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Better/cheaper than icebreaker merino ?’ is closed to new replies.