Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Better than a Weber Smokey Joe barbecue
  • geoffj

What’s the name of the bling barbecue that the well heeled on here always mention?

TIA

spacemonkey

Big Green Egg?

Not heard it mentioned for a couple of years but no doubt somebody here has one.

stevenieve
    Free Member

Cobb?

theblackmount
    Free Member

The Go anywhere (Weber) is a better piece of kit. There’s all sorts of expensive fancy shit out there but in the end its down to experience 😉

geoffj

I think it’s the Cobb I’m thinking of

http://www.marinesuperstore.com/cookers-hobs/bbq/cobb-premium-barbecue-and-bag

Not really my cup of tea though 🙄

km79
    Free Member

The Cobb is a great piece of kit, but more of an outdoor oven than a bbq for me. The Weber Go Anywhere is an excellent little bbq, available in charcoal version again as it was discontinued in the UK for a while for some reason or another. I have and use both, if I could only keep one it would be the Cobb.

bigblackshed

Weber Go Anywhere. Far more useful than the Smokey Joe. Packs down better, more useable cooking area. It doesn’t look as Weberlike as the Smokey Joe, but function over form.

muttley109
    Free Member

Yep Weber Go Anywhere. All my meals this weekend have been cooked on one.

geoffj

Thanks Guys – Weber Go Anywhere ordered

footflaps

Big Green Egg?

Not heard it mentioned for a couple of years but no doubt somebody here has one.

£850 for a BBQ. Now that is insane!

Be cheaper to eat at a Michelin Star restaurant.

muttley109
    Free Member

get a chimney starter aswell, makes life a lot easier

geoffj

Have you forgotten what the majority demographic is on here?

#Maserati #Tudor

😆

toby1

Top seller at the Gog Magog farm shop footflaps – clearly, you aren’t keeping up with the neighbours 😉

I have a crappy BandQ bench style BBQ by the way that aside from the dodgy handle (keeps falling off) does the job just fine.

footflaps

Top seller at the Gog Magog farm shop footflaps – clearly, you aren’t keeping up with the neighbours

Obviously not!

Will have to think about trading the Bentley in for a new BBQ….

NB Have to confess I’ve never actually been to the GM farm show, although run/cycled/driven past it 100s of times…

popstar
    Free Member

1. Green egg (£1200+ depends on model/size and colour)
    2.Kamado Joe (£800+ more rounded up package deal/ colours available)
    3. PitBoss Kamado (£400 from Costco)

All of them are Kamado “ceramic” bbq and their performance is very different to grill or charcoal bbq. They’re basically tandoor oven transformed in an egg bbq.

I’ve bought PitBoss from Costco, and bbq are every weekend occurrence in our house. Well impressed by sheer size and quality of it, and cooked meats … to die for.

popstar
    Free Member

If one fancies doing more research see it here
    http://www.kamadoguru.com/forum/10-talk-about-your-cooker-accessories/

geoffj

The weber go anywhere was given its first outing yesterday. It is a joy to use and clean up afterwards. Thanks again for the recommendation.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Better than a Weber Smokey Joe barbecue’ is closed to new replies.