Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • BETD bearing upgrades..?
  • carlphillips
    Free Member

following on from my BB thread earlier, ive found that BETD will ‘upgrade’ your BB bearings and swap them in your cups, anyone have any experiences of these as at £20 a pop it is very very appealing..

boxelder

Everything I’ve had done by or from BETD has been spot on and good value.

richcc
    Free Member

I’ve just had a look at the BETD website and realized that I’ve accidently used their bearings as replacements on my LX cranks. Swinnertons advised this after asking about replacements. Not ridden bike yet.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

i use them and they are great

richcc
    Free Member

I had pondered getting new crankset because bearings were worn and middle ring was tired. A year ago I would have probably done that. Now I changed bearings and middle ring and will carry on with a scuffed but perfectly servicable set of cranks. That probably reflects credit crunch plus binning stuff unnecessarily just seems a bit vulgar – I realize I’m not doing what Gordon Brown wants me to but I’m sticking it to the man

GrahamA
    Free Member

BETD are a good company to deal with. Stuff arrives quickly and you can talk to them on the phone.

One thing to watch out for is the £5 postage on all order so it can work out cheeper to get a few bits or order with a friend. That said they are one of the cheeper bearing suppliers even with postage after all free postage only means included in the origional price.

FOG

yep my betd bearings in shimano shells are still going strong after considerably longer than the originals.

carlphillips
    Free Member

thats that sorted then, i need some before my race next weekend, as my cheapo BB lasted just 2 weeks before seizing….(all installed to guidelines avec torque wrench too 🙁

may just get a few sets then, it’ll be cheaper in the long run, are the bearings easy to press out then, i know you can get tools for that via enduro website but its £120 ish if i remember rightly?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘BETD bearing upgrades..?’ is closed to new replies.