Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Bestest all use spd pedal?
  • cloudnine
    Free Member

Currently have the cheapest shimano spd pedals on my tripster and was looking at some new nicer lighter ones.
    So it’s either some xt mtb pedals or lightweight tourer type pedals like a600.. or something else.
    These are for road and off road cx riding..
    Any thoughts?

Pete-B
    Free Member

I think M540’s give the best combination of quality, weight & price: http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/shimano-m540-clipless-spd-mtb-pedals/rp-prod3760

bigrich

xtr trail

Scapegoat

The PD A600 are great for road, but need flipping to re engage so I wouldn’t use them for cross. XT M785 would be my recommendation.

Cheezpleez

M540s are near identical to XT for a lot less

teasel
    Free Member

I use the A600 on all my bikes as I like the more substantial contact area. It can get a little tricky if you unclip to dab and click-in again but you’ve 50/50 chance of getting it right… 😉

Scapegoat

Cheezpleez – Member
    M540s are near identical to XT for a lot less

nickdavies

Caged XT Trail.
    You can pick them up for £35-40ish if you hunt about. Currently £50 seems to be about the best though.

The 530’s are the ones that look very similar – these are £25 from on one?

orangeboy
    Free Member

Love my xtr ones the newest ones are about three years old and both pairs still going perfectly
    Not cheap but do last very well

takisawa2

Cockroaches will be using M647’s when the world ends.

cheers_drive

The 540s, why spend more. Having said that I’ve jet to kill a pair of 520s even if they are a tad heavier.

devash
    Free Member

The difference in weight between the cheapos and the XT ones is negligible. You would be better saving weight by wearing a lighter tshirt and socks.

M520s (the cheapest Shimano MTB ones) weight in at 415g per pair.

The cageless XT version (M780) weigh 343g each.

72g difference. The weight of an energy bar.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Bestest all use spd pedal?’ is closed to new replies.