Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Best/cheapest way of going tubeless
  • egb81
    Free Member

I’ve got some new tubeless ready wheels (Superstar Sentinels on Tesla Evo) and some tubeless ready tyres (Hans Dampfs) so where’s the best place to get the tape, sealant and valves? Any recommendations/products to avoid?

thepurist

For real ghetto use some electrical tape in the rims, cut your valves out of your tubes with a bit of spare each side and use art shop latex and a bit of glitter for sealant. Otherwise JRA do the Stans stuff which is all pretty good.

tricky-dicky
    Free Member

I use Superstar tubeless tape and tubeless valves,

Northwind

Superstar’s own tubeless kit is actually great- the valves are the same as the WTB ones I think, except about half the price. And the tape just works. Having said that, a couple of wraps of high quality electric tape also works fine.

dantsw13

Yep, superstar tape and valves here too. Then the cheapest internet site for a bottle of Stans liquid

egb81
    Free Member

Anyone used the NRG sealant from on-one? A tenner a litre seems a lot cheaper than most. Basically, will I die if I attempt to seal a tyre with it?

partyboy1101
    Free Member

Have you tried the NRG yet? I bought some on Sunday but haven’t got round to trying it yet.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Best/cheapest way of going tubeless’ is closed to new replies.