Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Best Winter SPD Shoes/Boots
  • 1nten5e
    Free Member

Its that time of year again and my old Northwaves are getting tired…anyone got any good feedback for the best winter footwear?

Quite like the look of the Northwave Celsius GTX, what else is out there?

jamesb
    Free Member

Use your existing summer shoes with sealskins socks + neoprene overshoes??

1nten5e
    Free Member

I use trainer style shoes in summer,661 Filters, I really prefer a ‘proper’ winter boot for the wet/cold

cullen-bay
    Free Member

Shimano mw80s for me, although with my mileage i dont expect more than a winter out of them.

GaryLake
    Free Member

Pearl Izumi Barrier GTX are very nice if a bit £££

derek_starship
    Free Member

This is what I have and although expensive (around £170) they are absolutely brilliant. I’ve even worn them in summer and my feet have been cool as cucumbers. They obviously come into their own in cold, wet conditions in which they keep your feet dry and toastie warm.

mieszko
    Free Member

Endura MT500 overshoes if You want overshoes that will not fall apart after one ride. Winter boots however, I love my Shimano MW80’s after the last winter with warm and dry feet I can honestly say it was probably my best spent cash. Insulated, waterproof, but the neoprene cuff will let water in. They also dry out very quick, well the outside anyway as the inside was always nice and dry no matter how heavy the rain/snow was. They are not cheap even at the discounted price You can get 4-5 sets of Endura overshoes but like I wrote before, great bit of kit if You do a lot of winter/cold weather riding.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Best Winter SPD Shoes/Boots’ is closed to new replies.