Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Best WiFi printer for under £100?
  • Curly68
    Free Member

Went shopping for a printer/copier/scanner for under a ton the other day as mine is needing ink and 6 cartridges works out expensive! Thought I would go WiFi with the new one, as my laptop and my sons netbook can all connect to it.
    There is so much choice now but it all boils down to print quality, replacement cartridge prices and front loading paper.
    Anyone have any recommendations please?

tthew

Bought a Kodak one for exactly the same reasons before Christmas. Has all you describe, and reportedly the lowest total ink replacement cost, about 17 quid. AiO model, (can’t remember the exact number) with a small preview screen, was about 90 pounds from Curry’s. WiFi appears a bit weak, but it is stuffed into a desk printer cubby, so that can’t help.

I reckon the print quality is OK, but that’s a subjective thing so I’m not promising.

takisawa2

Spent £35 last xmas, on a HP Deskjet 4580. Has proved very good, cartridges about £15. Only slight downside is that it has to be connected via USB for scanning/copying. Not sure of this is the norm, but seems a bit daft when it connects wi-fi for printing.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

As above, Kodak have the cheapest ink, may work out cheaper in the long run.
    Cheers.

epicyclo

My Kodak ESP 7 AiO has never managed to get past the calibration stage. Claims it cannot find the edge of the paper, but picks it up and passes it through ok without any vestige of printing.

Great if I wanted to produce blank documents – I can see why they are so economical on ink now.

(And yes, I have had lengthy discussions with Kodak)

Piece of junk IMO

allthepies
    Free Member

Picked up an Epson SX515W before Christmas which seems sound, no used it much but has separate ink tanks and can now be picked up for < £50.

CHB

Bought a Canon MP560 a couple of months ago, blown away with the quality. Individual ink tanks too!!!

Also does wireless scanning…have not tried that though!

It works on all the PC’s and laptops in the house. Brilliant bit of kit.

Baron_von_drais
    Free Member

Second the Epson SX515W

Set one up in my sons bedroom last night – doddle to install and get working. Paid around £50 from Amazon. Ink is very cheap and if it is anything like my Epson SX415 (which takes exactly the same ink, but no Wifi) it will be economical.

allyharp

Just noticed that my HP OfficeJet 8000 can be had for under £100 if you shop around.

We’ve had it for a while and it’s a fantastic printer, though it is a massive beast, but being wireless it means you can place it in a corner upstairs or something.
    I think we’ve only changed each cartridge once so they seem to last for ages. Shortly after buying I printed out 190 pages worth of dissertation in very impressive quality and the meter still said the black cartridge had at least half left.

Only downside is that all the printing profiles seem to default to US letter size. So for example if you click printer properties to toggle between black & white you may also have to reselect A4, but if you just print using the last settings each time this is no issue.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

I was about to ask the very same question. Widening the requirements slightly, are there any good cheap ones which do good photo-printing too?

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Third the epson sx515w. Dead easy setup and printer cartridges can be had pretty cheap on ebay/amazon.

mrmuddybum
    Free Member

Another for 515W, photos not coming out great but to be honest I think thats to do with the cheap Tesco photo paper i’m using, and i dont think my monitor is calibrated properly for printing photos.

Wireless is really good though, and even scanning can be done wirelessly.

pixelmix
    Free Member

I use any old printer plugged into an Apple Airport Express.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Do not for the love of god buy any brother wifi printer!!! Just google” brother printer off-line” and see the millions of people who have the problem of a worthless offline wifi connection!! Utter shit! That is all! 👿

Drac

Have Kodak ESP 7 here works a treat had it over a year and never failed me. Wifi for scanning too but guess that’s why it wasn’t £35 but can be bought for about £100 or it’s models below certainly can.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

The print costs I assume are worked out on the manufacturer cartridge prices, which could mean that Kodak have lowered theirs to make them look the most attractive.

We bought a Canon with stupidly expensive Canon cartridges, however we now use 3rd Party ink which is 1/2 the price and just as good.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Best WiFi printer for under £100?’ is closed to new replies.