Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Best weather forecast websites
  • properbikeco
    Free Member

Getting gradually pissed off at inaccuracy of several well known weather websites.

I have found xc weather useful, as is magic seaweed for coastal conditions, and I also use the metoffice last 24hrs to predict conditions rolling in.

Wondering what others use and find useful – I would like to be able to get access to the german university satellite images/predictions that we in the uk base our forecasts off.

All suggestions welcome

oli31
    Free Member

Windfinder user here seems pretty accurate has good range of stations, tide and swell info too

johnners
    Free Member

the german university satellite images/predictions that we in the uk base our forecasts off.

Say what now?

grizedaleforest

yr.no

johnners
    Free Member

Oh, and I use the BBC app. Met Office info but I prefer the look. Not sure if any Germans are involved though.

mikey74
    Free Member

I find the BBC site to be pretty accurate. However, you do have to check it often as they do update it on a regular basis.

MoreCashThanDash

I like the Met Office site and app, though I love the look of yr.no’s short term forecast.

Karl33to
    Free Member
    CaptainSlow

Weatherprohd app is great

wordnumb
    Free Member

They all lie.

BBC weather forecasting is getting worser and worser… or do I mean betterer and betterer? I’ll say both just to cover my arse whatever happens.

rusty90
    Free Member

The Daily Express; accurate and informative. Who needs more?
    What a sizzler! UK set for THREE MONTHS of scorching hot weather in spring heatwave

peterfile
    Free Member

yr.no

+1

For the areas I use it for, it’s unusually accurate.

But I have heard of people finding it not so great for other areas.

It’s free so worth a bash.

dufresneorama
    Free Member

It’s gonna rain. Work on that presumption and you’ll be fine

mark90
    Free Member

yr.no

forecast.io

Is that like scorch.io 😀

hoopyfrood
    Free Member

raintoday.co.uk is pretty useful for working out if there’s going to be any rain in the next couple of hours.

CountZero

I use WeatherPro HD, Meteogroup’s app. They’re based in the Nederlands, and they’re the people the a Press Association tend to use. I particularly like their satellite view and precipitation radar views, ‘cos you can actually see the crappy weather coming towards you!

theblackmount
    Free Member

>Getting gradually pissed off at inaccuracy of several well known weather websites.<

‘Cos they are mostly computer models which change by the minute.

I use MWIS for Scotland – that and my own judgement. Being Scottish also helps – I just get out and do it 😉

z1ppy

Been previously recommended http://www.yr.no/ so have been using it lately, seems ok.

Dibbs
    Free Member

I find the BBC forecast for Watchet to be pretty accurate for the Quantocks (more so than the Taunton forecast).

_tom_
    Free Member

Met Office is usually pretty accurate ime.

sweepy
    Free Member

Yr.no gives wind speed in m/s, what bloody use is that!

joolsburger
    Free Member

Raintoday is usually enough to decide to A. Go for a Bike ride 2. Have or don’t have a BBQ or Z. Wear a Jacket.

funkrodent

metcheck is pretty reliable for dry/wet. They always err on the side of caution when it comes to temperature..

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Best weather forecast websites’ is closed to new replies.