Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Best way to pick up a pet cat that doesn't want to be moved?
  • binners

Right! Where’s the bulldog clips. That little sod has sunk its teeth into my arm for the last time

Stoner
    Free Member

Know your enemy 🙂

Ive led a bull by the septum before.
    And seen a mate subdue a rowdy bull with a well placed left hand jab to the nostrils.

Another technique for immobilising a cow so you can treat its hooves is to use a rope that runs under its front and rear “armpits” down the spine and out the rear, you pull on it and the cows legs buckle and it will lie down calmly whil you work on it’s feet.

EDIT< here you are. Casting a Cow
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWPn0QuJ1ok[/video]

loum
    Free Member

You need a dog, a collie would be good.

binners

Surely the best way to immobilise a bovine is cow-tipping. You don’t even need a rope 😀

andywoods
    Free Member

wonder if the de-activation technique will work on my kids

IanMunro
    Free Member

After observing the speed that the croc clip and cat just disappeared through the cat flap, I can only conclude that the youtube cat is high on Tramadol and catnip.

pop-larkin
    Free Member

Bombers????

Our big Bengal is as soft as but if he’s outside and doesn’t fancy coming in he rolls on his Back and it defo a brace yourself moment to ignore the hissing and pick him up ( obviously making sure nobody sees me pansying around)

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Is the cat deactivation working with an in-built response of a young cat to be still/limp when picked up in the jaws of the parent?

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Glad I’ve got the biggest softest Cat who’s rather Garfield like in his approach to life.

Northwind

big protective gloves- I used motorbike gloves, my mate whose cats they are used his hawking kit. Doesn’t really matter what- main thing is that after the cat’s tried it on a few times and you turned out to be impervious to claws, it’ll hopefully stop doing it. It did take a while with his, because they’re all total swines.

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

I dont understand this. A cat is about 1/20th of the size of us. It depends on us for food and shelter. It does what we want it to do or else.

Must admit if i look at my cat in a certain manner she knows to get the hell out of my way. If she doesnt then you just put your foot under her bum and a sharp flick gets her airbourne (Not kicking btw).

Before anyone says it nasty, she is 15yrs old and out of the whole family she loves me most. I give her attention, but on my terms.

Rest of you sound like you are either scared or too soft to deal with a flaming cat

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

Oh and if you really want an angry cat hold it bare handed under a shower. I looked like i had been fighting with freddie kruguer. It was worth it though

matt_outandabout

Cat? Velcro.

pop-larkin
    Free Member

IMG_2164 by Larkin Pop, on Flickr

Big enough to worry me!

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Best way to pick up a pet cat that doesn't want to be moved?’ is closed to new replies.