Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Best way to pack shirts for holiday?
  • fontmoss
    Free Member

Taking a few shirts but not sure best way to try and salvage their ironedness? Roll them up? Fold them up?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Folded, as if new, then steam them in hot shower room to hang out some creases.

skiboy
    Free Member

rolled, my 10 pence worth, but you need the right bag in the first place, karrimor global 😉

Shinythings
    Free Member

Rolled is the way if you want them looking neat

crikey
    Free Member

Ironed, gently rolled, steamed in the shower on arrival, while remembering to keep the bathroom door shut and therefore avoiding the fire alarm being set off, and the other residents rushing out into the corridor, some half naked, while two sweating security guards approach your room only to be told that ‘Yes, it was me, bit silly to put the smoke detector just outside the bathroom door, Hmm?’

damo2576
    Free Member

Shove them in your case any old way and call housekeeping when you arrive to press them. Job done.

fontmoss
    Free Member

Shove them in your case any old way and call housekeeping when you arrive to press them. Job done.

😀

Alcopop
    Free Member

yep ironed and rolled steamed when unpacked ….or as above call housekeeping

iDave
    Free Member

what kind of holiday do you need ironed shirts for?

flip
    Free Member

Rolled. Fact.

DT78
    Free Member

I use a ‘pack-it’ for keeping my shirts nicely folded and uncreased, does the trick. Takes up much less space too.

samuri
    Free Member

Just take the wife with you. Then they’ll magically appear in the cupboard fully ironed.

Flaperon

I just stuff them in and iron them when I get there. Unless there’s no iron, when I use the steam from a hot shower as an alternative. Just don’t nip out and forget that you’ve left the shower on…

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

I use a ‘pack-it’ for keeping my shirts nicely folded and uncreased,

Racist!!

simon_g

Eagle Creek do a great foldy thing for keeping shirts flat and crease-free.

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

ffs mumsnet or what.

* M&S non-iron for business travel

richiethesilverfish
    Free Member

This forum is none stop Rock and Roll!

theotherjonv

my life is so rock and roll that I often take a number of shirts on trips with me and iron them all in the hotel room rather than do them at home. Cheaper then tugTV and then I’ll have more time when at home for bike riding.

I also took half a dozen flat inner tubes and a puncture kit one time, which caused a bit of head shaking in customs at the bleakness of my life.

Cougar

Just take the wife with you. Then they’ll magically appear in the cupboard fully ironed.

That’s a fantastic offer. Is she available for two weeks in May next year?

DrJ

A colleague went on a business trip to India. He took a HUGE suitcase full of clothes and had them laundered and ironed at the hotel for next to no money. That’s globalisation for you!!

But Eagle Creek thingies are the answer in the absence of local labour.

OrmanCheep
    Free Member

If I need one to be tip top (for a wedding etc) I always lay that one on a towel and roll it up with the towel. Works a treat.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Best way to pack shirts for holiday?’ is closed to new replies.