• This topic has 12 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Marin.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Best way to get most out of one ride at Coed y Brenin ?
  • qwerty
    Free Member

Obviously the Beast is longest and I’m aware of the shortcut after the cafe.

Which other trail sections can be thrown in or repeated to add to the Beast? or any other suggestions on getting most bang per buck?

Ta

BillOddie

Heading there for a week with the family in a few weeks, I reckon I’ll be sneaking out early/late for rides on my own as well as rides with the kids, so I’ll watch this thread with interest!

jolmes
    Free Member

Ditto, heading there on Sunday. Planning to make a day of it. Watching this thread with interest.

spacey

This was my approach… Start as for mbr, in fact do first 2/3s of it as far as bugsy (see map) then as you climb up towards pink heiffer bear left (marked on map as 80) then right and up the steep road to get to the top of Morticia, then down all that Adams family bit, bring you back to the pink heiffer climb, do that and back to the trail centre. Misses off the whole of the bottom loop which from my memory is pretty dull fire roads. Hope that makes some sense, it should from the map.

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

El Beasteroo, followed by the MinorTaur (Blue) (good fun if taken at speeeeed!) back to the bridge, then onwards, upwards to repeat the last fun section of El Beasteroo (The beginning of the end).

…Alternatively, go across the bridge – and keep climbing until you hit Pink Heffer – and repeat that – spitting yourself out at the bottom fire road (rather than repeating the WHOLE of the Beat again).

chris74c
    Free Member

I wish this thread was started last week, we went and did the beast for the first time and all 4 of us was disappointed with the boring climbs/fire roads. If it was linked up better it would be fantastic because the good bits are really good. Get a map is what I’d suggest.

I used to play golf, and GPS apps for golf allowed you to load 1000s of golf courses. it would be great you could download trail centres accurately showing every rideable route and show your exact position.
    or is there an app already available?

iolo
    Free Member

Strava?

frogstomp

If you’ve still got legs at the end of that, don’t forget to cross over the river and do the last few sections of Tarw Du!

beiciwr64
    Free Member

Most of the best bits are on this route here
    GPX here

chakaping
    Free Member

I’d just do all the Beast and then all the Tawr.

Fire roads are just part of MTBing and the quality of the trails at CyB more than justifies them IMO.

Or if you really can’t face that, I often pedal up to the beginning of the end again for a little extra fun – you’ll spot how to do it on the day.

martinhutch

You can shorten Beast by climbing straight up the road after Big Dug, missing out Brutus? and then taking a shorter fireroad loop at the top to come out close to the Addams Family stuff. Bit of a hard pull up the road, but that must drop it well under 20 miles.

Swapping the first couple of sections of Beast (the bumpy ones) for the first couple of Minotaur is also a much quicker and funner way to get cracking.

Then when you get down past Beginning of the End and Glide (?) you can carry on straight into the first bit of Tawr where it crosses.

scruff
    Free Member

Spaceys route is a very good option, Ive done that then the old Red Bull last two visits I’ve been.

Marin
    Free Member

Did the ome that lools looks a squirrel then the blue last week all flat out. That was fun.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Best way to get most out of one ride at Coed y Brenin ?’ is closed to new replies.