• This topic has 50 replies, 31 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Best way to avoid a hangover…
  • flippinheckler
    Free Member

Dont mix the grape with the grain and avoid lager..all those chemicals give you a headache. Drink real ale with loads of pork scratchings with a good pie and chips to soak it all up with. Eeebygum you cant go wrong lad.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Everyones hangovers are different though, some people just feel sick, others get headache. I get massive neck and shoulder aches and dizziness. Mine's mostly cured with sugary drinks like orange lucazade but if the dizziness is present only sleep can help.

hora
    Free Member

Just dont drink lots of champagne

odannyboy
    Free Member

my god i cant belive more people dont recommend food. if i dont eat a burger etc before going home, im just destroyed the next day, makes a huge difference.

dont drink stella in large ammounts-golden rule, also helps you avoid police stations,so im told

painkillers before bed help.

bad food in the morning and water.i crave fry ups and choclate biccies etc,oh and coke as well

vomiting may make you feel better in the evening but youre worst next day, best avoided at all costs.

have a break if poss between last drink and going to bed, ie walk home,if you can walk!

i used to drink industrial quantaties of red bull and vodka.i always felt good the next day,prob due to caffiene but poss cos i was still drunk at 9am.

also find having a huge pooh can up improve how you feel no end the next
    day. i guess as it gets shot of lots of nasty chemicals etc- this goes hand in hand with the late night burger run 😉

final rule-practice make perfect!

coffeeking
    Free Member

I was once informed that a major part of the effects was thought to come from a serious depletion of blood sugar levels. There's evidence to say this may be untrue, but food and particularly sugar, picks me up rather rapidly (i.e. I can go from a completely mashed waste of space to walking around talking in 15 mins) with sugary food, this then allows me to get more long-burn food in me. Without them I'm a cripple.

AndyP
    Free Member

vomiting may make you feel better in the evening but youre worst next day, best avoided at all costs.
    ah come on, simple science shows that a good TC in extremis will help massively

DrJ

also find having a huge pooh can up improve how you feel no end the next
    day. – this goes hand in hand

Ick 🙁

AndyP
    Free Member

ick indeed. surely it should go into the toilet.

davidrussell
    Free Member

2 or three sessions of self abuse before you get up seems to help. can prove difficult if you wake up in company, but that just adds to the challenge 🙂

steve-g
    Free Member

My tried and tested system is as follows……

During the day you're going out, reduce your tea/coffee intake and drink more water instead, also make sure you have 3 proper meals to "soak up" the alcohol. Its no good eating in the middle of the session it will just sit on top of the beers and do you no good.

While you're out find your pace and stick to it, I dont have a problem mixing my drinks but if I've been doing 3 pints an hour for 3 hours stepping it up to a pint and 6 shots will kill me.

Once you're home, no matter how full/sick/tired you are drink 2 full pints of water before you go to bed, you won't want to but force it down. take another full pint to bed with you, if you are still de-hydrated then that will get drunk at about 4am.

When you wake up you should feel ok, but if not have a ginger beer, the ginger settles your stomach down and there is about a week's worth of sugar in there to really wake you up. Then a bacon sandwich for some carbs and to replace the salt you lost on your 15 trips to the gents the night before.

Job Done, I defy anyone to try this and still suffer

Drac

Either way neurophen + alcohol = higher chance of stomach ulcers

Stomach ulcers are caused almost exclusively by H. pyloriinfection.

I pefered the old thereisnoteaspoon, you know the one that knew nothing thought himself to be a bit thick and was going to fail his Degree. The new one since passing his Degree seems to now know everything an expert in all fields, well believes he is.

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Best way to avoid a hangover…’ is closed to new replies.