Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Best way of removing bearings inside pro 2 freehub body?
  • TrailriderJim
    Free Member

How do you tap them out? All I can think of is you push the spacer to one side to get to the edge of one of the bearings with a drift/screwdriver.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

don't you just use the axle ? I put a bolt into the skewer hole and hit that

spooky_b329

Tap? Tap!?

If its anything like my old Hope XC's, you'll need a 1/2 lump hammer, a strong bit of hardwood under the hub, (cos everything else splits) a socket that just fits inside the bearing so you can lodge it behind the bearing (as a screwdriver will skewer straight through) and a strong right arm 🙂

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

I can remove and replace the hub body bearings using the Hope tools, but it's the bearings inside the freehub body that I can't work out how to remove.

uplink
    Free Member

See if this helps but it should be as you described

http://www.hopegb.com/page_mep_force_37.html

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

Thanks uplink, I've used that vid before, but that's the problem. The Northern geezer in it mentions the freehub body bearings about 5 mins in and says "just tap them out if they feel ropey", but how do you tap them out? As I said, hub body bearings are a piece of p1ss, but it's the bearings inside the gold freehub I'm trying to work out how to remove. Ta!

uplink
    Free Member

with the xc you push the spacer to one side & drift the bearing out that way

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

Yep, that's what I think is the only option. Once you've got the one out, you can easily get to the other two I suspect.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Best way of removing bearings inside pro 2 freehub body?’ is closed to new replies.