Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Best transport for 2 solo's and 2 helpers to the Puffer
  • rich-c
    Free Member

It’ll soon be that time of year again and this year instead of last years 2 solo’s and a pit monkey there will be 2 solo’s a pit monkey and a chef, so the standard 3 seater panel van won’t do (apart from someone in the back but not keen on getting any points fine etc).

Not too keen on hiring a campervan due to lack of space and mud everywhere.

Has anyone found thought of or used any other solutions? I’m sure i’ve read on some forums about hiring a 12 seater minibus and removing seats?? is this possible are the seats designed to be removed/ replaced as required.

I saw someone using a horse box either last year or the year before which looked like a good idea, if you’ve used one any pitfalls apart from thirsty and slow I’d imagine.

Cheers

Rich

br
    Free Member

Horseboxes are ofetn far cheaper to hire than motorhomes and obviously more resilient to mud etc. Many have living/berths etc.

rich-c
    Free Member

b r
    I was thinking the horse box looked quite comfy, I remember riding past and looking in and being jealous of their heaters and what looked like a two seeter settee.
    Rich

thomthumb
    Free Member

I’m sure i’ve read on some forums about hiring a 12 seater minibus and removing seats??

can be done but DON’T mention it to the hire company.

I’m sure some people have managed to hire crew cab vans with 5 seats, mentioned on here before. but we found it impossible last year. luckily we managed to borrow one form a friend of one of our team!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Best transport for 2 solo's and 2 helpers to the Puffer’ is closed to new replies.