Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Best trails round Rivington?
  • mtbtomo
    Free Member

So i know ‘ice cream run’, ‘san marino’ and nab wood plus a few bits up and around the pike, but what else is there to check out? If you could point it out on google maps then all the handier 🙂

And where will be quietest over the christmas period (boxing day, new year etc??

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

You can head over to great hill, or round back of White Coppice to Darwen (via tockholes). Loads of looping routes if you know where you’re going. Trails round back of Belmont which will take you over to Entwistle/Strawb duck etc or back round to Darwen. There’s Holcombe as well.

Bet its mental round Christmas time. Sundays are getting unrideable round there unless you pick your route well.

TimCotic
    Free Member

There’s a good trail from the Lower Barn to the top of Winter Hill and a cracking descent to Belmont. 🙂

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Yep, the descent to Belmont is san marino i think, unless there are others worth a look?

Vortexracing

Try going over to Brinscall woods via the Watermans cottage at Anglezark.

Plenty to ride with in there.

Also leads up to Great hill

neil853
    Free Member

I’d like to do a longer ride up there. I’ve done quite a bit of riding up there buts its all been under 15 miles I’ve heard its possible to do a 25+ ride up there. Anybody fancy being a guide for a day between Christmas and new year? 🙂

Bregante

I’d like to do a longer ride up there. I’ve done quite a bit of riding up there buts its all been under 15 miles I’ve heard its possible to do a 25+ ride up there. Anybody fancy being a guide for a day between Christmas and new year?

I’d be interested too 🙂

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

The trails I was shown were all rather rocky and bumpy well in need or a bit of repair 🙂

xherbivorex
    Free Member

The trails I was shown were all rather rocky and bumpy well in need or a bit of repair

hahaha nope, they were MINT!

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

neil853 – Member
    I’d like to do a longer ride up there. I’ve done quite a bit of riding up there buts its all been under 15 miles I’ve heard its possible to do a 25+ ride

easily – you can pretty much do 35+ (ish) if you do 3 towers in a big loop

crispo
    Free Member

Yeah its fairly easy to link a lot of riding up.

I usually do a route that will go from White coppice around the resevoirs, up rivington, down belmont, along the weavers way to darwen, a bit of up and down around darwen tower and the resevoirs there then back up great hill and all the way back down to white coppice.

Some great sections of down hill in this loop!

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

You can go from the top barn to the “rocketship” at Darwen,loop back to Rivi via Abbey village etc.Comes in about 26 miles.That Witton Weavers way would be a bit exposed & possibly boggy this time of year though.
    We got 30 odd km’s in last saturday starting from the top Barn & going up to the Pike,down the ICR over Lead mines clough,lap of Healy Nab then back over to the dog kennels,down through the Gardens & that other descent that brings you out at the ICR car park.So you can get some mileage in without repeating stuff & yet still be fairly near the barn.Would’nt fancy it on a sunday though..

jonba
    Free Member

Is the dog kennel run still good? Been a few years since I rode there. It comes down of the road to the mast. There were two options IIRC. Turn left and there was some stuff in the woods in front of you that take you towards the barns.

There’s a good decent down from Great hill to white coppice* although it’s technically a footpath so not good for a Sunday afternoon

What is the state of the gardens? There was a good selection of routes but they were blocked off when I went walking last Xmas. Has the loon who put nails and booby traps given up?

This used to be good but doesn’t really go anywhere

*Where my parent live but I never have time to ride when I visit.

Vortexracing

I could show you round Neil 😉

I’ve mailed you back BTW

justatheory
    Free Member
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Best trails round Rivington?’ is closed to new replies.