Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Best Sub £50 coffee grinder?
  • Kryton57

There several out there from Bodum, Wahl, John Lewis and Krups. I need to pick one up today – what’s recommend within budget please?

It will be used for French press and mocca pots.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

I have a krups that has been in daily use for around 4 years. Does what it says on the tin really.

MikeG

I’ve got one of theseand its been pretty good, a little inconsistent when set fine enough for espresso but really good at coarser grinds.

lemonysam
    Free Member

The Krups Burr Expert is the usual advice in that sort of price range. Well that or a Porlex.

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

At that price, and for the sort of brewing you are doing, Krups is your best bet.

Kryton57

Excellent, thanks. I now own a Krups and hereby announce I have joined the bottom rung of the elite middle class.

MrSmith
    Free Member

still prole and not quite bourgeoisie i’m afraid, you need at least a baratza encore as a first step on the ladder to a mahlkonig vario/compak k3/Mazzer etc.

Kryton57

Sigh, always the bridesmaid never the bride….

TooTall
    Free Member

It won’t be long before you take the next step up that ladder. Krups was the shortest-lived piece of coffee-making equipment I’ve ever owned. I’ve had filter papers that lasted longer!

ericemel
    Free Member

Krups Burr Expert for me too – 3 years so far and not a hiccup

lemonysam
    Free Member

Hooray, I’m officially Bourgeois.

Rockplough
    Free Member

Lazy buggers. I grind my beans (yes, until they squeak) in a Hario Skerton hand grinder. There’s something quite therapeutic about it.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Best Sub £50 coffee grinder?’ is closed to new replies.