Viewing 2 posts - 81 through 82 (of 82 total)
  • Best Stones Track
  • mrblobby
    Free Member

Great thread. Tomorrow morning will be mostly spent in the late 60s and early 70s 🙂

psling
    Free Member

psling – Is it correct that Mick Jagger threw a wobbler at Knebworth because Lynyrd Skynyrd played a blinder of a set and he didn’t think the Stones could follow it?

Blimey, it was a long time ago 😯 From what I can remember, there was a big delay before the Stones went on stage but that was because the band had a big lighting special planned and it was still too light for it to be effective so Jagger was holding things up because of that. Skynyrd’s Freebird had gone down brilliantly earlier but if I remember rightly 10cc were on before the Stones and they didn’t go down too well. Sound at these events wasn’t always brilliant in those days. We weren’t very involved at Knebworth because it was promoted separately to the Stones tour. I do remember it was a hot day, very hot 8)

Ref the Beatles, Stones, The Who debate; they were all different, all very influential, the Stones and The Who were great live bands (I never got to see The Beatles 🙁 ) The Who Live at Leeds is a classic album too, another favourite of mine by the Rolling Stones is High Tide & Green Grass.

Viewing 2 posts - 81 through 82 (of 82 total)

The topic ‘Best Stones Track’ is closed to new replies.