Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Best spec trail hardtail – £700 budget
  • yunki
    Free Member

My BiL is looking for a new bike, probs on Hp..

Looked at Lapierre, Genesis Core and Whyte so far..

Any stonking bargains to be had out there?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I think there’s currently some On-Ones at that price?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Frame spec or shiny gewgaw spec?

chakaping
    Free Member

This mofo with the BC discount – and spend the savings on a nice Superstar wheelset or a dropper.

http://www.halfords.com/cycling/bikes/mountain-bikes/voodoo-bizango-29er-mountain-bike

frood
    Free Member

as above or on-one parkwood or a canyon grand canyon?

I’m guessing you mean on finance with Hp?
    Always worth having a look at last year’s models in all the usual places. Chain Reaction’s own brand and evans own brand stuff also seem to be very good VFM

Gary_M
    Free Member

Halfords have a sale on boardman bikes at the moment. I bought this for my son for £327 as halfords had an extra 10% off deal, then BC 10% discount, and I can buy halfords vouchers with 10% discount – oh and another £20 back through quidco.

They also have the team 650b for £637.

iainc

recently bought youngest a Genesis Core 20 – the 2015 ones are heavily discounted to under £500 at present

glasgowdan
    Free Member

The voodoo bizango is a peach, pop a second hand dropper on and you’re sorted. You’ll get it for 10% less if he joins BC (which costs £20, but still a £40 saving).

You get a comfy quality frame, reasonable wheels with cartridge bearing hubs, decent brakes for the money, 2×10 drivechain and clutch mech. Forks are fine, I opened mine up and put in oil from the start as they only come with a bit of grease and felt sticky. Much better now. Good XC tyres, though the tubes are made of condoms and will no doubt leak or pinch in no time.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Best spec trail hardtail – £700 budget’ is closed to new replies.