Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Best sintered pads for SRAM at the moment?
  • 13thfloormonk

For cold wet commuting duties. Current stock pads (organic I believe) on my SRAM Levels are great in dry but hellishly noisy in wet. Very few stops on my commute so quiet > powerful…

Looked through various old threads and Uberbike pads seem to go through phases of being good or bad. Would SRAM sintered be worth the extra?

Ta

devash
    Free Member

I’ve been running Uberbike Race Matrix for a couple of years now. Decent pads and not had any problems with excess noise.

sq225917
    Free Member

It doesnt matter what you use they’ll squeel like hell dirty or wet. Get some better discs first.

13thfloormonk

Nah, it’s been demoted to commuter use only, I’m not spending on new discs! In fairness the Levels on it have been great except for the squealing in the wet, it goes away if I drag them for long enough.

Will look at those Race Matrix ones, sounds a bit fancy for the commuter!

devash
    Free Member

Just as a side note, did you bed the pads in properly when first fitted?

deadkenny
    Free Member

You’ll find sintered way more noisy in the wet.

Best ones I find are Superstar Kevlar. Still can squeal in the wet but far less.

Problem is Superstar seem to be changing direction to concentrating on their UK made stock and there’s little priority to restocking stuff like pads and grips, both of which are out of stock for the ones I want.

Uberbike I’ve heard mixed stories about the pads, some good, some bad. Though the finned ones sound better, but I have no interest in paying way over the price for a feature that is no use to me except if I was riding in the Alps.

fifeandy
    Free Member

Sram sintered pads for both my elixirs and juicies have always squeeled when wet (3 sets of brakes, 4 sets of disks and many pads), so you can cross those off your list

13thfloormonk

Seriously? I’d read sintered were likely to be least noisy in wet, due to the more porous material reducing the film of liquid between pad and disc, or something.

Can’t be any noisier than current organic pads at least.

They were well bedded in, summer trails saw to that!

Edit: just saw Fifeandy’s post, maybe sinteted isn’t the answer after all, bugger.

simondbarnes

Seriously? I’d read sintered were likely to be least noisy in wet,

Sintered always noisier IME

deadkenny
    Free Member

In my opinion it’s the metallic content in the pads that contributes to the squeal.

13thfloormonk

Maybe I’ll just cross my fingers and hope my wife picks up on my hints for that rim braked Charge Plug I wanted for my birthday, has to be better than tinnitus every time I get home…

jonnyrockymountain

Uberbike race matrix on my levels and I have been impressed, but they squeal when wet, but only for a couple of seconds to start with

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Best sintered pads for SRAM at the moment?’ is closed to new replies.