• This topic has 16 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by okazzionz-spam.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Best sim only deal
  • lovetoride
    Free Member

Hi all, looking to save money as I have an existing phone so i’m looking for a sim only deal. Likely to use more texts than calls, prob 2 – 3 hours calls a month, unlimited texts and 1GB data. What’s the best out there?

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

When I looked a couple of months back T Mobile had the best SIM only deal for me. I went back to Orange who I had a contract with to cancel and they matched it.

z1ppy

GiffGaff, £10 goody bag sound right up your street.
    I and my g/f have been with them for most of the last year, just as good a service as the 02 contracts we both previously had (kinda unsurprising, as they use the 02 network). No tie in’s as it truely a month by month deal, no messing around claiming money back, I can only throughly recommend them.
    There may be cheaper deals out there but I’ve been happy with Giffgaff.

chakaping
    Free Member

Have a look at giffgaff, I just signed up with them – £10 a month for unlimited texts and data – 250mins of calls.

No minimum period. Works on o2 network.

MadBillMcMad

+1 giffgaff

If you ask Z1ppy he can give you a link where by both him & you get a kick back as well.

joolsburger
    Free Member

Tesco have some crackers at the moment.

sweepy
    Free Member

Only just started a fortnight ago, but so far Giffgaff seems fine for me.
    When I called vodaphone to port my number they asked why I was leaving, when I said giffgaff he didnt even try to match, just mumbled something churlish about hoping I was lucky.

z1ppy

As per Madbill’s comment: £5 extra credit for free when you activate your SIM
    I didn’t link in the previous post as it come across as ‘hard sell’, but it is a totally mutally beneficial deal.. if you do fancy joining Giffgaff

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

talkmobile are probably the cheapest I think.

lovetoride
    Free Member

looks like talkmobile and giffgaff are the most likely, anyone had any problems with either??

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I didnt know that Giffgaff was unlimited internet!

…but just looked on Giffgaff and your phone has to be unlocked, and there is no ligit free way to do that on mine so not going there.

Jamie
    Free Member

…and there is no ligit free way to do that on mine so not going there.

Erm….you sure about that?

Cougar

Ring your existing provider and ask them to unlock it.

lovetoride
    Free Member

unlimited internet is good, no tethering by the looks but not a deal breaker

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Not according to the Giffgaff website.

Tethering would be an issue for me too, I’ve used it countless times on Orange

lovetoride
    Free Member

I meant that giffgaff doesn’t allow tethering, however I’ve rarely needed to do this.

coffeeking
    Free Member

I got a sim-only through 02, with cashback through quidco. Ended up as 1000 mins, 1000 texts and 100mb for £7.33 a month equiv. Could have gone to a gig for another £3.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Best sim only deal’ is closed to new replies.