Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Best Sat Nav – easy to use!
  • cyclelife
    Free Member

My wife wants one and she’s no good at techy things, so needs to be very easy to use 😳

Touch screen
    easily detachable
    Camera database
    UK mapping
    Wide screen

Who’s the best and where’s the cheapest?

Ta

Big-M
    Free Member

TomTom One – very simple to use, less than £100 as well.

cyclelife
    Free Member

Ok, but told tom tom not as good as Garmin – correct or not?

Thanks

uplink
    Free Member

Tomtom

Deals

grumm
    Free Member

I’ve got TomTom on my phone and I can’t see how it could be much easier to use.

Think you normally have to subscribe to keep getting camera database updates.

uplink
    Free Member
    showerman
    Free Member
    fbk
    Free Member

Another vote for TomTom.

Tried some others (Garmin, RoadAngel) but they just don’t seem to do the job as well. Not sure about ease of use as it depends what your used to.

bumbly1
    Free Member

Used Garmin and Tomtom, both easy to use imho as are many others no doubt. Take wife along to halfords if you can and get her to check them out there, what suits you (or the STW massif) may not suit her!

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Tom Tom used with a map and common sense.

Ed2001
    Free Member

Another vote for tom tom. My mother-in-Law borrowed ours and had no problems using it all, which by my reckoning means the chimps in Chester zoo would be able to use one.

cyclelife
    Free Member

Thanks for the advice guys, will go and try some first.

Will my GB topo mapping download onto the Garmin 😳

coolhandluke
    Free Member

TOM TOM.

used navam. (PANTS)
    mates used garmin, (PANTS compared to Tom Tom)

I have the EU version of Tom Tom 1. No complaints at all. Excellent in France, Belgium and Holland last year.

loddrik
    Free Member

Have a Garmin Nuvi, Tomtom One and a manufacturer fit Command system in the car, the tomtom pisses all over them.

I was going to sell the Garmin but looking at those tomtom prices I hardly see the point…

CHUCKMORR1S
    Free Member

TomTom on my Nokia is terrible.

My TomTom One is great though coupled with commonsense of course.

You can download the camera database and add it to your TomTom, or you can subscribe for a fee.

You can download all sorts of points of interest that are useful.

mysterymurdoch
    Free Member

The tomtom site says the one XL comes with a USB car charger…what is this? Does it connect the device to your electric socket in the car? I don’t like the sound of battery life being only 2 hours and I often drive more than that.

sootyandjim
    Free Member

My work gave me a Tom Tom One sat nav, I already had a Garmin Nuvi. They’re very much the same really.

Anyone who jumps up and down saying one is better than the other is probably either,

a) A brand whore (apparently they exist, even for such bland items as sat navs).

b) Someone who considers what they spent on their recommended sat nav a lot of money and is justifying it to themselves.

or

c) Talking from their posterior.

Try before you buy though most of them are pretty much foolproof these days.

Pieface

I got a Garmin Nuvi 205W from Halfords. They’re currently very good deals and the widescreen makes it far better for viewing whats going on. Having used Tom Toms and a Garmin I find them both pretty similar.

cyclelife
    Free Member

Anyone know if I can load my Gb Topo (SD card) onto a Garmin Sat Nav?

Thanks for all the other help.

bumbly1
    Free Member

Re using Topo, try Garmin support, I have found them very helpful in the past.

Tom

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Best Sat Nav – easy to use!’ is closed to new replies.