Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • best ride pack
  • karlwoof
    Free Member

Anyone on here got a chronic back problem (arthritis in my case!) and found a ride pack that is vaguely comfortable?

I’ve currently got a camelback and after an hour or so it’s just shit, really shit. i’ve tried to adjust the fit and it doesn’t get better!

Help 🙂

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

Happily I don’t, but I’d imagine a pack with better hip support would help. I got fitted properly when buying a bit hiking pack and it was amazing how much difference the right lenght back made so more weight could be taken on the hips.

iainc

I suffer a fair amount of lower back pain and find that the Evoc packs, with the back protector, are most comfy – think it’s combination of the longer profile and the secure waist/hip belt

andybrad

ive had a kriega one before. Compared to my crossmax (more traditional pack) it takes the weight off your back. It does put it on your chest though so breathing after a hard climb can be effected

goldenwonder
    Free Member

My lower back is shocking (medical help every 4-6 weeks) & I love my Acre Supplies bag.
    I’ve had Camelback, Evoc, Deuter et al & this is by far the most comfortable I’ve ever used.
    The hip straps have an adjustable height, which helps loads & the back itself is stiff, without the back protector feel of some of the others.
    Lot of money though 🙁

Northwind

My lower back’s ****ed but I still get on really well with my ancient camelbak chaos. Just miraculously found another new one on ebay. Nothing special about it, it’s just my shape, I think that’s basically all it’s ever going to come down to and that’s hard to know without long tests…

rOcKeTdOg

No back problems from mine as it fits inside the frame 😉

singletracksurfer

Heard lots of people sign the praises of Wingnut bags when suffering any back or shoulder issues (as the weight is taken on the hips instead).

msmit

I’ve had a chronic lower back problem for years and am one of those people who have found a Wingnut bag to work best.

They carry the weight much lower on your back than a traditional pack so your whole centre of gravity is lower and there’s less leverage force going through your lumbar region too (sorry, there’s a much better description for that out there somewhere but my physics schooldays were far too long ago to remember it). Keeps it warmer too!

At one time there was a camelback with a similar style, in fact it may be better as iirc it had a horizontal bladder going into the ‘wings’.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘best ride pack’ is closed to new replies.