Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Best reproofing treatment?
  • pitcherpro
    Free Member

Evening all

I need to retreat my riding jacket , i have used nik wax on previous jackets but wondered what's the best to use according to the collective !?

stonemonkey
    Free Member

Depends on the fabric, what does your manufacturer sugest. Grangers is pretty good imo

pitcherpro
    Free Member

Its a raceface jacket so will have look at there site !

sv

I find the 'spray on after a soap flake wash' types work better than the 'wash in, coat everything'. IMO.

MisterT

Grangers needs heat applied to make it effective DWR treatment (iron or tumble dry) where as Nikwax doesn't need heat to work.

IMO (and according to the outdoor shop nearby that sells both makes) Nikwax is the better product.

lowey

Always used Grangers pure soap and re-proofer without any problems.

I have heard that the nikwax stuff is supposed to be very good also.

Suggsey
    Free Member

Always used Nikwax stuff (works out really cheap if you go on the Nikwax/Paramo site and do the competitions (if you are lucky/get them all right you get a free pouch of wash or reproofer, I went a full 12 months without having to buy any!)
    If you do buy it buy it in the big bottles as it works out cheaper.

deus

and "grannies" soap flakes (other brands available) from the supermarket are sooo much cheaper than the bespoke cleaners.

LeeW

Been out today and bought some Tech Wash and TX proofer, gear (Gore windstopper shell and Endura eVENT shorts) is still hanging over the bath drip drying. I'll let you know how it pans out.

stonemonkey
    Free Member

Soap flakes will clean just as good as the tech wash / grangers cleaner but for additional dwr you need the tx direct. My experince is that there is little difference between the two. Although nikwax tend to be more generous with their free samples when I was in the trade.

pitcherpro
    Free Member

Thanks for all your comments , looks like i'll stick with nik wax !!

will try and get some free pouches

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Best reproofing treatment?’ is closed to new replies.