Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Best pump
  • Shorty12
    Free Member

Best pump for road and mtb?

Must attach to the frame.

Cheers

plus-one

I’ve got one of the small lezyne ones(can’t remember name) around £20 mark ..

2 years of hassle free use 🙂

bob_summers

lezynes with removable hose are great but with a couple of caveats if you use presta valves – if you’re not careful you can unscrew the valve core when you remove the hose, and there’s one brand of tube which is impossible to get a good seal on the valve. Can’t remember which though.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Topeak mountain morph (the mini track pump one) mounts on the road bike and in the pack on the mountain bike.

Joe

MOUNTAIN MORPH or ROAD MORPH. End of discussion.

oldnpastit

Don’t ever buy a pump that attaches directly to the valve, instead of using a hose.

One day, you will pump like crazy to re-inflate your tyre, only to discover that you’ve snapped the tip of the valve off, and it’s dropped inside the tube! At this point, you’re walking home….

(I’ve got one of the Lezyne ones with a flexible hose. As above, you can find that it unscrews removable valve cores but you can at least work around this with care and a spoke key).

cliffyc
    Free Member

I’m with plus one,I have a Lezyne Alloy Drive pump,fits on bottle cage mount holes.Fantastic build quality,the flex hose means you don’t strain presta valves and it is tiny enough to chuck in a pocket or pack.5/5 from me.

gogg
    Free Member

I’ve been running with the Lezyne Alloy Drive HV for the last two years. It only goes up to 90PSI, so you may prefer the HP rather than HV if you want road use as well.

So much better than my old Blackburn Mammoth (and I liked that).

warpcow
    Free Member

I’ve got a Lezyne HP and HV for the cross and mtb. There’s nothing I don’t like about them. Also had Blackburn Mammoths before and they last forever (especially the older version) but aren’t as nice in use.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Best pump’ is closed to new replies.