Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Best price Rebas or Revelations
  • PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I’m after some new forks for a new frame, sadly my current Revs are tapered and won’t fit, but they must fit my current wheels so the criteria are

Standard 1-1/8 steerer
    15mm axle
    and WHITE. they must be WHITE
    120mm travel minimum (I can space Revs down to that)

Not bothered about bells and whistles, would prefer crown lock out, price rules.

So far Merlin look cheapest, but can anyone better them?
    There’s no rush, so reliable Euro shops are fine

Cheers in advance 🙂

LoCo
    Free Member

2012 revs oldest then (dual air) 😉

CRC and merlin seem to be having an intermitent price sh@g off ATM, so they would probably be best bet

The 2013 revs we have are tapered steerer and solo air otherwise I’d have suggested a deal

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Yeah, I can’t better Merlin, but it’s worth asking CRC don’t quite have what I want….

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

LoCo, what’s the difference between an RL fork and an RLT please?

LoCo
    Free Member

RLT has a threshold/gate, RL is just rebound and compression/lockout

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Cheers, I’d just come to roughly that conclusion. 🙂

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

True, they do, but 9mm QR according to the specs, so no good to me sadly

Thanks though 🙂

Mackem

Couldnt you adapt your hubs?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

No, but I don’t want to anyway. I’d choose 15mm every time 🙂
    I ordered some Revs from Merlin in the end, about £295 after all the discounts and Quidco, but they’d run out of the crown mounted lock out ones. Never mind, I can remove that and sell it for £15 like I did last time, which makes them £280!
    🙂

mrblobby
    Free Member

The bigger 26er forks seem to be a bit of a bargain at the moment. On the hunt for a short 29er fork here (probably a SID) but the price sh@g off doesn’t seem to have reached them yet. Anyone know of any good deals? Kicking myself a bit for missing the Merlin 29er Reba deal they had over New Years.

Mackem

Actually, the pics on those forks dont look like 9mm QR to me.

fivespot
    Free Member

Mackem you’re right, and those forks are second hand too

Dickyboy

Used & if you checkout some of the drivetrain stuff they are selling, I would avoid with the longest barge pole available

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Actually, the pics on those forks dont look like 9mm QR to me.

No, they look like 20/15mm. But the description says different. The same advert for the same fork also crops up on Ebay. I don’t mind used forks but I don’t want those

Tom-B
    Free Member

Can Revs be travel reduced to 120mm? I’ve just got a new Trance 29er with Rockshox Recons on, they’re the steel stanctioned ones and are pretty heavy from what I’m told so I may replace them.

I must say that with all the new standards….29er, Tapered Steerer, 15mm axle etc I’m pretty pushed to find a set that fit, let alone a set that I like! I don’t really keep that up to date with the latest gear though so may be missing some obvious choices.

davewalsh
    Free Member

^^^ good price but out of stock 🙁

ART

Or you could buy these … http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/fs-rockshox-sektor-solo-air-rl-2011 … actually 2012 forks, immaculate and offers most welcome.

Ta.

RustyMac

Pete are your current Revs white?

I have some 1 1/8 Steerer uppers from some 2010 revs that i could do swap with you if you are interested. my email is in my profile if you are.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Can Revs be travel reduced to 120mm?

Yep. Only 30mm of spacers, job jobbed!
    Technically Rebas would be a better match, but If I get Revs and space them down I’ll be able to use them on other bikes in the future more easily.

Rusty, sadly no, they are black. And it took me a while to find black ones at the time too! Thanks for the offer, most kind! 🙂
    Bit late now, I’ve ordered some new ones…..

There’s be a C456/Revelation ‘chassis’ for sale soon. Basically a complete bike without the wheels, brakes, saddle and maybe bars…….

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Best price Rebas or Revelations’ is closed to new replies.