Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Best place for climbing gear?
  • hopefiendboy

Looking to get a helmet, rope and some quickdraws- where is the best/value place to get this lot from?

Cheers!!

meeeee
    Free Member

depends on if you know exactly what you want or need advice.

If you know what you're after then just google as different shops often have special offers on. Field and trek have some climbing stuff in sale at moment but quite a limited choice, lots of other shops often have offers or deals on eg Rock and Run, V12, joe browns, Climbers shop, lakes climber, Needlesports.

If you need advice on choosing then one of the best places (imho) is needlesports

DMM prowire quickdraws good value at needlesports, if its 50m single rope you're after then Beal edlinger 2 at needlesports (good starter rope, handles nicely) . For half ropes i like the Beal Cobra 8.6, handles really well. Cheapest place i think after a quick google for a cobra is Facewest. Some people swear by mammut ropes though. Plenty of choice. Good starting site for info is Needlesports

chilli
    Free Member

2nd Needlesports.

Smee
    Free Member

3rd needlesports.

ChatsworthMusters
    Free Member

4th Needlesports

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

if you know what you want the i've picked up some massive bargains in Field and Trek, they seem to have clearance stuff all the time. I picked up a load of stuff from the leicester one most of which was half price

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

5th Needlesports for professional advice, otherwise, if you know exactly what you want, shop around online.

montylikesbeer

go outdoors climbing clicky

Try above as well

hopefiendboy

cheers chaps!

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Climbers Shop for me 🙂

(Though I do like Needlesports too)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Best place for climbing gear?’ is closed to new replies.