Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Best Place for a Wheel Build?
  • hitman
    Free Member

I'm thinking Merlin – anyone used them?
    Also tubeless or non-tubeless rims?
    cheers 🙂

simonjf63
    Free Member

I've had wheels built from Merlin – always been good for me.
    Non-tubeless on my hardtail, tubeless on my full sus, but for no logical reason whatsoever. I like my tubeless, can be a bit messy when changing tyres but not a real problem

Solo
    Free Member

I got a very nice set of wheel made up for me by Jerry of JT cycles Ely.

Nice, informative guy, great wheels.

Oh, Mavic XM819s, DT comp spokes and DT 240 hubs. Running Bontrager MUD x, tubless with Hutchinson sealant. I tried the Bontrager super juice, it was crap.

After buying a pair of grey-import forks from Merlin, I wouldn't trust them as far as I could spit on them.

Solo.

Marmoset
    Free Member

Big thumbs up for Adam at Homer Cycles in Ellesmere Port here. I'd go for the tubed option – I've had some tubeless rims and I can't be arsed with all the faff of trying to get the tyres seated properly

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Got mine from Merlin.

Spot on IMHO.

stevehine

BikeTraks in Gt. Ayton – would never get my wheels from anywhere else; plus great customer service too – I once got one built up by Roger on a Friday night whilst he was watching TV as I was off to a race on Saturday morning and had totalled a rim on a Thursday night ride… great stuff !

Solo
    Free Member

I got tubeless rims in order that I at least have the option to run either.

You can run a tubeless rim with a tube if you want.

With my Mavic rims, all I have to do is remove the valve and get a tube in there.

Solo.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Best Place for a Wheel Build?’ is closed to new replies.