Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Best place for a map of all the trail centre in the uk?
  • AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member

Just wondering if there is a map with ALL the trail centres in the UK? and Downhill tracks… just with as much as possible on it?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Have you tried the ride guide? If not there is a UK trail centre guide book.

AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member

im looking for a website…

ryanctj
    Free Member
    br
    Free Member

im looking for a website…

Free then… 🙄

AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member

Br dont be synical

all i want to know is a location of all the trail centres in the and dh tracks in the uk, is there no website with them all on?

legolam
    Free Member
    vinnyeh

all i want to know is a location of all the trail centres in the and dh tracks in the uk, is there no website with them all on?

I really doubt it, since the qualification of what’s a ‘trail centre’ or ‘dh track’ is pretty open to interpretation.

atlaz
    Free Member

Crazy idea. Create one!

w1zard
    Free Member

I’ve used this site before:

http://www.justgoride.co.uk/Content/TrailCentres/

It’s missing a few, but the site dev is open to adding more if you contact him, and it’s got a fair bit of info too.

AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member

yeah fair enough, pretty hard to distinguish betwen official and unofficial etc etc

soobalias
    Free Member

the surrey hills trail centre at peaslake is all you need to know.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

yeah fair enough, pretty hard to distinguish betwen official and unofficial etc etc

Exactly.

What are you planning on doing with this information once you’ve found it?

Before the internet made everyone lazy we used to buy guidebooks for areas we’re visiting, look at OS maps, call into local bike shops to fish for information whilst buying spares and cake.

The internet and trail centers have made people lazy. I like both as much as the next person, but there’s more fun verions of both (real trails and real life).

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

And before bikes, people used to walk instead of cycle and it took longer to get from A to B. Folk who ride are just plain lazy! 😉

salome33
    Free Member

http://extremesportsmap.com/uk/sitemap.php

found a few spots on here, bit of a shoody website though, theres no real collective for them all, wish there was and post it on the forum if you find one!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

And before bikes, people used to walk instead of cycle and it took longer to get from A to B. Folk who ride are just plain lazy!

Pahhh, those walkers don’t know they’re born. In my day we crawled everywhere, and even then we were looked down upon by those who wormed everywhere!

ART

By their very nature – not least cause of the rate of trail building that seems to be going on in this country – printed guides go out of date pretty quick, but you might want to look at Tom Fenton’s book

or Rowan Sorrel- et al’s Mountain Biking Europe which covers the UK

Edit … although of course these are more guides than maps … for maps you just need to do a bit more of your own digging, e.g. most of the FC based sites will have PDFs online

abductee
    Free Member

Information about official trails. Free for lazy people who would rather be out on a bike riding trails than roaming around bookshops and bike shops.

https://sites.google.com/site/mtbtrailtime/

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Haven’t both MBUK and MBR produced a guide book to that effect recently? Although I think it was just trail centres, not DH sites.

edoverheels
    Free Member

Trail Guru as above for Wales at least.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

http://singletrackworld.com/trailguide/
    Single Track Trail Guide is fairly good and up the top of the page – if it’s missing anything add it yourself.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Best place for a map of all the trail centre in the uk?’ is closed to new replies.