Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Best option for garage/workshop door?
  • Hooter
    Free Member

Starting a side extension to the house soon which is going to be the bike workshop / man cave and wondering what sort of entrance door to put on. Not sure what sort of style is best, mainly from a security point of view – roller shutter or double side hinged garage doors, or just a single side hinged door like a standard back door? Any opinions or suggestion for good suppliers gratefully received.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Normal garage size opening?

Mowgli
    Free Member

I’ve been reading around on this recently as also contemplating an extension/garage project. Roller shutters seem to be the preferred option for security. No idea of cost though – most websites don’t seem to publish prices.

Hooter
    Free Member

There’s room for a garage size opening, but we only need the width to roll the childrens bike trailer in and out, so 800mm or so.

z1ppy

I’m changing my very tired up & over for side opening, as I don’t need to get a car in (though still could). Found a local company who make a version that opens the middle third as the main everyday ‘quick’ access, also means I’ll be able to keep It warmer during winter maintenance. Lot of options to add as extra security, as required. Expensive compared to an up & over but overall more use to me

wrightyson
    Free Member

Then just a standard upvc door will be fine surely. You ever watched the cop shows where the lad has to break down the door with the battering raM?

jota180
    Free Member

With a single door – If you can get away with it – an outward opener helps a bit with security.

cheers_drive

Side hinged if you need regular access. Get a steel one with good hinges and locks if security is important.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Best option for garage/workshop door?’ is closed to new replies.