Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Best not get your iPhone 6 repaired by an independent.
  • wwaswas

Apple has said sorry to iPhone customers whose phones were disabled after third-party repairs, and issued a fix for the problem.

Previously, Apple had said the error was a “security measure” taken to prevent fraudulent transactions.

However, the company added: “We apologise for any inconvenience, this was designed to be a factory test and was not intended to affect customers.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-35611756

konabunny
    Free Member

Heh

theotherjonv

so – if you now have a problem, and go to an indy repair shop, even if they have to replace the home button (or whatever it’s called, I’m not iSavvy) and so you lose your fingerprint recognition capability, then the phone won’t brick now.

Helpful because my wife 6S has a screen fault that is a month past the 12mo warranty that they seem decidedly unhelpful in fixing (want £200+ to send it off!!!) – so an indy might be a better option again.

Why oh why do they then have to pretend it was all a mistake and should never have made it into public, when previously they said it was a security function. Just admit you screwed up and in response to alienating your customer base have decided to backtrack.

irelanst
    Free Member

theotherjonv
    Helpful because my wife 6S has a screen fault that is a month past the 12mo warranty that they seem decidedly unhelpful in fixing (want £200+ to send it off!!!) – so an indy might be a better option again.

It might be worth heading into the Apple store and quoting them EU ruling 1999/44/EC which states a minimum of 2 years warranty?

Klunk
    Free Member

It might be worth heading into the Apple store and quoting them EU ruling 1999/44/EC which states a minimum of 2 years warranty?

It worked with my wifes 14 month old kindle, quoting the EU regs, after they refused to replace it when the “paper white” spontaneously split, though thats was a known fault with them.

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

This Groaniad article sums up the EU Directive SOGA simply and suggest the SOG overides the EU ruling.

[/url]

mrsfry
    Free Member
    aracer
    Free Member

We were happier with weekendworrier’s link 😉

crankboy
    Free Member

I’m not sure that people can be happy that what apple said was a security feature working to protect your privacy is in fact “This was designed to be a factory test and was not intended to affect customers. ” So either Apple are clueless about their own product or deliberately mislead customers.

wwaswas

So either Apple are clueless about their own product or deliberately mislead customers.

Both, given the size of the company I suspect that one part of it is clueless and a different part seeks to mislead customers.

mrsfry
    Free Member

aracer

We were happier with weekendworrier’s link

You don’t expect me to read all the posts! Besides, my link smells like a summer meadow

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Best not get your iPhone 6 repaired by an independent.’ is closed to new replies.