Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Best mud guard for Orange 5
  • Orang-Hutan
    Free Member

What is the best guard for fit and keeping my bum dry on an Orange 5.

rOcKeTdOg

Mudhugger

J-R

I tried the Mudhugger rear and although I love the concept, and the looks, it just doesn’t work effectively.

I ended up using this one – not perfect but pretty effective:
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/sks-x-blade-ii-rear-mudguard/rp-prod104736

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Definately NOT a Mudhugger. I got one only to find that on full compression it was pushed onto the tyre by the seat tube, so I modified it by cutting a chunk out of the Hugger to make it ‘work’. I told Mudhugger about the problem & mailed them photo’s of the modifacation & to their credit, gave me a refund. I haven’t used it since though as I still get a wet bum.

16″ frame & a Reverb BTW so that one from CRC probably won’t be any good.

J-R

I emailed Mudhugger and they didn’t offer me a refund. They did say they were aware of the problem and I could give them more money for a bit to stick on the end to make it work properly.

I didn’t bother, but I know somebody who did and he still was not impressed.

chip
    Free Member

Have not used mine in anger yet, I think I will empty the shock now and see wether it fouls the seat tube.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Chip, It may depend on frame size/year & tyre size.

chip
    Free Member

It does, waste of £30 that was, I am going to have it off now.

Suggsey
    Free Member

I would recommend what I use, a pair of Altura attack full length trousers and a good breathable waterproof jacket and waterproof bag cover…………or one of the hardtails with a crud catcher on 😆

Phil_H

The mudhugger keeps my bum dry on my five (2011).
    My lower back upwards still gets covered in crap though.

jimw
    Free Member

When I had my 5 I used the SK S one.as stated above, not perfect bet reasonably effective and easy to put on/remove

chip
    Free Member

It is a bit shit really, they have more front than Blackpool even selling it as five specific.

Oh well, at least I will get to post no they are a bit shit from now on if anyone recommends them for the five in future, will make me feel better about the good people at mudhugger trousering my hard earned.

It’s the little things.

chip
    Free Member

Ordered one of those SKS jobbies, ta.

carlphillips
    Free Member

My mudhugger worked fine on my five.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Best mud guard for Orange 5’ is closed to new replies.