Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Best MTB location in GB to live?
  • Smee
    Free Member

Probably. But there aren't many other places in the UK that host a WPS surf comp.

jedi

hertfordshire
    so i can be near herts shore 🙂

epicyclo

RichPenny – Member
    If you lived in Scotland, you wouldn't want to.
    True, the weather in Scotland is shite…

That's just to keep the midgies down.

Plus we will benefit from global warming 🙂

martinxyz
    Free Member

is that thurso east? the way its breaking rings a bell.. but the background doesnt click. thurso east is regarded as one of the best, if not the best wave in europe.i used to think newquay was the only place in the uk to surf back in the late 80`s. lol. after going there in 89 and 90 i soon found out that it was crowded and the waves werent as good as i expected.then i saw what thurso does with a 22ft swell.
    if you lived in Golspie you could ride one of the quietest and best trails in the country. then nip up to Thurso if the weathers too wet to ride within an hour and a half.

or you could live in Inverness and be within a lot of good places within 1.5 hours ;O) its the place to be based in the highlands when it comes to getting to diffrent places with ease.i love it.

alexathome
    Free Member

Newquay isn't the nicest place in the world, but you can't really say the southwest isn't much good for surf, just normally a lot, lot more unfriendly and crowded. Here's a surf spot 'in' Newquay, i'm pretty sure it doesn't get this big very often!

GlennG
    Free Member

The Cribber! grew up in Bude and surfed that whole stretch of coast for 25+ years, much prefer surfing the North East/Thurso (not as busy but frickin cold!!)

The waves at Thurso and Brimms Ness when on are some of the best in the world (its just so one hell of a drive).

BigJohn

Today I would say Gibraltar.

GW
    Free Member

Easily the South West IMO,
    plenty of indoor skateparks, tons of good Dirtjumping spots
    This: http://www.the-track.co.uk/
    And you've got Gawton or South Wales for your uplifted DH fix too.

having lived in both areas I'd say Scotland is alright for DH, amazing for XC but piss poor for dirtjumps and decent skateparks are pretty scarce

robgarrioch

If you've not seen it already, have a look at the 'Home' dvd – mostly filmed in south Scotland.

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Best MTB location in GB to live?’ is closed to new replies.