Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Best mini-pump out there?
  • cyclewerx

I’m after a new pump for blowing up my mtb tyres. I would like your opinions on which pumps you feel stand out against the rest of the competition in terms of weight, performance, size (it needs to fit in my backpack) and cost.
    Cheers, Craig

kiwijohn

Lezyne micro floor drive HV.
    End of story. Mine has been borrowed a lot more than I’ve had to use it myself.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Topeak mini track pump. Works fast and well. Clip it to the road bike too. Think its called the mountain morph

Joe

Either of the above. End of Thread.

kayak23

*Thread re-opened

Airwave Motion Mini-pump.

*Thread closed again.

cyclewerx

The Mountain Morph is on my list along with Blackburn Mammoth, by the sounds if it either are a good pump.

IanW
    Free Member

Always found the standard mountain air adequate.

warpcow
    Free Member

Blackburn Mammoth, the old-style one, not the 2-stage one.

cyclewerx

That Airwave looks a good bit of kit actually

br
    Free Member

This one:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B001GAOR20/?tag=hydra0b-21&hvadid=11069352365&ref=asc_df_B001GAOR20

Smallest and most efficient pump I’ve ever used. Only Presta thou if that’s a problem.

Sub £20, 113g and about 7″ long.

cyclewerx

Needs to be presta and schraeder

grum
    Free Member

A mate’s Topeak Mountain Morph is much better to use than my Blackburn Mammoth.

nickjb
    Free Member

Mountain morph is a great bit of kit, very happy with mine. The Blackburn it replaced has fallen apart 3 times. Its been replaced under warranty but that’s not much use when you are out on the trails.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

lezyne HV

stuey
    Free Member

Lezyne – or 16gm CO2 when my hands are too wet/cold/muddy – tired ’cause it’s the second one today 🙂

z1ppy

Mtn morph, or there a madison m:part copy of it. Can’t say there the best for sure, as I’ve not tried all the alternatives, but it’s the one that get use the most, by everyone I ride with.

rocketman
    Free Member

Must admit the old Lezyne Alloy Drive has done the trick a few times it looks particularly impressive when it extends like a silver light sabre.

Was glad I had it with me a few years ago one summer evening when a vision in lycra asked me to stop and help her out with a puncture. One of those times when you really don’t want an equipment malfunction or a skanky plastic pump

DrP

I read the title as ‘Breast mini pump’.
    The answer is the Medela Swing.

DrP

boxxer7
    Free Member

lezyne mini floor HV here. Pumps up road bike tyres to over 100psi and makes light work of my dampfs on the mtb.

paperjohn1
    Free Member

Mini Mountain morph gets my vote, Rubber Queens get blown quicker than anything else I’ve used. Get one.

cyclewerx

Went with the Mountain Morph in the end

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Best mini-pump out there?’ is closed to new replies.