Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Best mini pump for road use…
  • geordiepaul
    Free Member

I had the misfortune of having a puncture on my road bike last night thankfully had a spare tube. However my Specialized mini pump was sooooooo bad that I managed to damage the valve on the new tube trying to keep the pump attached. This was after about 15 mins of blowing the damn think up. I had a long walk home!

I’d really like a mini pump that small and can attach to the frame and can pump a road tire to 100psi in a reasonable amount of time.

Can anyone recommend one?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Morph’s
    I have the mountain Morph which works well. Frame mounts fine. Also carry CO2 for when I CBA.

jota180
    Free Member

If you can find one a Genuine innovations Second Wind is great

stabilizers

I have a Bontranger air support which works pretty well for both road and mtb. Small & light
    As Mike says gas canisters are the way to go. I really only use the pump as backup on big multi day tours.

smell_it
    Free Member

Lezyne road drive mini; piss’s all over my old road morph and that was ok. Small enough to pocket just, or can be frame mounted.

geordiepaul
    Free Member

I was looking at the Lezyne but some reviews seems to say bits fall off it when riding?

smell_it
    Free Member

Not a problem I’ve noticed, I’m not really sure what there is to fall off? I have it frame mounted on the training bike and in the pocket on the posh bikes, without issue. Could just be me though, can’t say i read the reviews, just seemed a popular pump with some of the guysI train with.

iainc

i have the Lezyne pressure drive – the small one that goes in a back pocket. works a treat and with the flexible hose it doesn’t leak or risk damaging the valve. gets a 23c road tyre up to 110 psi albeit takes a good 3 or 4 mins of pumping to get there.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

only problem with Lezynes is with tubes with removable cores – they use a hose and the hose has such a tight fitting that it can undo the core as you unscrew the hose.

Conti tubes have these cores.

The hose means you are not going to damage the valve stem though, and you can get a hose with a pressure gauge in so you have idea when you get near the desired pressure.

iainc

the newer Lezyne ones have a presure release button on the hose, so if you press that when finished pumping it lets the air out the hose only, such that it unscrews easily and doesn’t undo the core – seems to work on my Conti tubes ok, whereas the old ones were a PITA

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

the newer Lezyne ones have a presure release button on the hose

mine was a recent purchase so I will try that, thanks for the tip.

Kuco

Got a carbon second wind innovations. Like the idea that you can use co2 cartridges with it.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

The Lezyne ones are decent, I have the long road drive mounted on the frame. It inflates inner tubes to as hard as you like in not to much time.

I had a few inner tubes with removable cores. I super glued them in.

geordiepaul
    Free Member

Cheers. I think I might get a Lezyne.

mugsys_m8

I’ve got a slim topeak (I think or maybe blackxxyxx?)one: streamline silver. What is great about it is that the handle folds out into a’t’ find it really useful like that. So much so that it’s what we take when we go touring mugsy family stylie (Béné and myself, etienne on his cnoc with follow me tandem and Pia in her trailer).

stufive
    Free Member

I use a mini morph..ive had it at least 4 years it has a handle that turns to be the same shape as a track pump and has a little flip out bit to put your foot on and it fits into a jersey pocket
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=morph+pump&tag=googhydr-21&index=aps&hvadid=7767796794&hvpos=1t1&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=4777013621401827857&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&ref=pd_sl_zvoijovdl_b

Jamie
    Free Member

I have a Topeak Race Rocket Master Blaster Mini Pump I don’t use you could have. £15 delivered if you’re interested. Only used a couple of times, as switched to CO2.

Twin
    Free Member

I read:
    Mini breast pump

I need to get off the internet….

jambon
    Free Member

Anyone used one of these?

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=74899

Cheaper than Lezyne…

jambon
    Free Member

Hey Jamie

I’m interested in your pump.

give me an email:

jamiearmstrongeditorATgmailDOTcom

And yes, I am another Jamie…

stAn-BadBrainsMBC
    Free Member

I usea Blackburn Airstick SL – small enough to fit in a pocket, compact, gets tyres to pressure and they are really cheap now

Pridds

Got a road morph for sale £15 if you interested. Great pump.

Jamie
    Free Member

Hey Jamie

I’m interested in your pump.

give me an email:

jamiearmstrongeditorATgmailDOTcom

And yes, I am another Jamie…

YGM.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Best mini pump for road use…’ is closed to new replies.