• This topic has 13 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by lunge.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Best Mindfulness app?
  • iamanobody
    Free Member

to listen to on the way to/from work? Just to focus and destress really

redthunder
    Free Member

STW Forum App

fatmax

Got a pal that uses Headspace and rates it. I’m yet to try though.

redthunder
    Free Member

How about….wait for it…..
    Switching the phone off 🙂

Mad thought, I know!

bigyim
    Free Member

I’ve used headspace but isn’t really suitable for a commute to or from work as it’s based around meditation. I find podcasts chill me out on the way home

woody74

Headspace is really good.

iamanobody
    Free Member

red thunder – the phone isn’t causing stress so why would i do that???????????

lunge

Depending on my mood, I use:
    Headspace is good for meditation type work.
    Podcasts or chilled music can also be used depending on what you want.
    Noise cancelling headphones with nothing coming through them can also work.

andyh2
    Free Member

Insight timer is good. Choice of basic meditation timer only or choose from a whole range of guided meditations, many of which don’t do it for me but you work out which ‘guides’ suit you and or the situation.

spawnofyorkshire

I use one called Smiling Mind
    It’s an aussie one, but i find his voice more relaxing than the guy who does Headspace. That’s a completly subjective opinion though as both are good mindfulness apps

seosamh77
    Free Member

I use the Prodigy, jilted generation app is great! 😆

thepurist

Look for stuff from Jon Kabat Zinn or Mark Williams on line

CountZero

Just noticed this thread, I’ve been looking for something for my g/f to use on her pad. She’s got a cd which I’m going to rip and put onto an old iPod Nano, but alternatives are always good.
    Thing is, she has problems with depression and has developed an alcohol issue which exacerbates the depression, which mostly dates back to a brain haemorrhage ten years ago, but there’s also an abuse issue from her childhood which is haunting her as well.
    She’s getting professional help, but having something to focus her mind away from her troubles can’t hurt either.
    I first met her twenty-two years ago, and the old her is still in there, she just needs some help bringing that part of her back, anything I can find that might add to what the professionals do can’t hurt.

lunge

Count, my wife used HeadSpace to help with her depression, it wasn’t the cure (if such a thing exists) but it certainly helped. The main thing was being able to switch off in an evening to go to sleep and also to start the day with a clearer head.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Best Mindfulness app?’ is closed to new replies.