Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • best lights for 50 quid?
  • petefromearth

a mate of mine is after some reasonable lights to try out night riding. any suggestions for something good value?

Ewan
    Free Member

Deal Extreme Light, 50 quid on the nose. All you need as far as lights go – do a search of DX light for the link.

mudpup
    Free Member

Fenix PD30

z1ppy

DX 'magicshine' bike specific lights with a 3 hour capacity, you now have the choice of 2:
    New helmet mount version:
    http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.29489
    STD one, that everyone has so far bought
    https://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.25149

allankelly

Do these ship from US? Does that work out OK?

al.

dobo
    Free Member

if the website works – yes

from HK

grumm
    Free Member

Bear in mind it could take 2-3 weeks for delivery. I ordered one on the 14th and still waiting.

allankelly

Seems good. And the mount's good too is it? There's a few of these powerful lights are let down by rubbish mounts.

Cheers, al.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Whats better then, one of those dedicated DX mtb lights or one of the DX P7 torches?

dobo
    Free Member

And the mount's good too is it? There's a few of these powerful lights are let down by rubbish mounts.

i have one, the rubber ring works very well, more secure than my lock blocks on my fenix

i imagine over time the rubber ring will stretch and become useless so it might be worth while trying to source replacements now for when 32 thousand night riders arnt able to use their lights because of a 32p rubber band.

simple effective design thats quicker than any quick release i ever used….

allankelly

My beloved Dinottes use rubber rings, and they're still going strong (the rubber rings that is). So, all in all sounds excellent. I'll sleep on it, hadn't actually meant to buy lights…

Having said that, last week I bought 3 sets of these for the family at £10.50 each: http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/Smart_5_LED_Front_and_317_Rear_Light_Set/5360026000/ (hmm, it's gone up to £14). For school + back commuting they're excellent for that money. 54 reviewers can't be wrong! (?)

Cheers, a.

grumm
    Free Member

Smart lights are great for commuter lights imo. Wiggle are doing a set of the 1/2 watt lights for £15 as well – the back one is ridiculously bright and the front is pretty good too.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/Smart_Bspoke_LED_1~2_Watt_Light_Set/5360040003/

z1ppy

Do these ship from US? Does that work out OK?

Shipped from Hong Kong as mentioned, no VAT or duty to pay.

if the website works

Like CRC or Merlin sites never break do they?

Bear in mind it could take 2-3 weeks for delivery. I ordered one on the 14th and still waiting.

Unlucky, mine ordered on the 15th shipped on the 16th and came in a week (repeat customer?).

Seems good. And the mount's good too is it? There's a few of these powerful lights are let down by rubbish mounts.

Well my Lupine HID that cost £500 uses the same mount and lasted for 4 years till the lamp went, though my brother were used on oversized bars all the time (again for years) and it stretched.

Whats better then, one of those dedicated DX mtb lights or one of the DX P7 torches?

Neither? Depends what you want it for, output wise (back garden test – use it for the 1st time tomorrow night) it seems very similar. Depends if you buying a light specifically for the bike, or want a tool you can put in your pocket the rest of the week.

montylikesbeer

Mine ordered on the 14th September and am still waiting and I'm a repeat customer

z1ppy

can't give a good reason for it… I really didn't think the repeat customer thing was likely.

Though has it been shipped yet? I've found most of my issues with deliveries lately were down to royalfail.

Chris-S
    Free Member

I ordered for DX on the 16th Finally shipped yesterday Arrival !?!?!?

i guess its the price you pay for what you are supposed to be getting

dobo
    Free Member

maybe they had a high demand and ran out.. i had a similar experience to zippy, they will probably take about a week to 10 days to arrive now, maybe..

grumm
    Free Member

Unlucky, mine ordered on the 15th shipped on the 16th and came in a week (repeat customer?).

Meh – I'm a repeat customer too. Give me yours, it's only fair. 😉

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘best lights for 50 quid?’ is closed to new replies.