Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Best knee pads for enduro
  • jdpuddy
    Free Member

hi all

I have a pair of POC VPD 2.0 knee pads which i ride for enduro and whilst they are comfy and I like the protection they offer, if its wet I find that I get grit building up behind the pads. this happens if I have to hitch the pads up after a transition and it gets worse when I crash as this often pushes the pads around and introduces more grit behind them.

I’m after recommendations for pads which are comfy to pedal in, can be worn all day but provide an adequate level of protection.

Thanks

Andy-R

I can pedal all day in IXS Flow pads – well, just as well as I can pedal without them anyway. I haven’t really had to test them yet though.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Very happy with Race Face Ambush D3O pads for the same all day comfort.

However, I’d say that fit is almost as important as protection for all day comfort, so worth trying many.

golo
    Free Member

+1 for IXS Flow. Enduro Mqgazine had them as review winner in the lighter weight pedal all day group

chiefgrooveguru

It really comes down to how they fit you. I tried 7 pairs, wearing them around the house for a few evenings and the Fox Launch Pro were far and away the comfiest on my legs. And they’re a pretty heavy duty knee pad!

deadkenny
    Free Member

They must say “Enduro Specific”, otherwise complete fail 😉

stewartc
    Free Member

Very happy with Race Face Ambush D3O pads for the same all day comfort.

+1

Also, these come off without the need to take your shoes off so easy to stow away for those long climbs without too much faff. Wear my all day on South East Asia all dayers where sweat and dust/grit build up easily, no issue here.

kimbers

Endura singletrack pads work well for me and, not as bulky as the race face or good but still very good protection and don’t need to take shoes off to remove

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Best knee pads for enduro’ is closed to new replies.