Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Best item of clothing for autumn/early winter
  • topangarider
    Free Member

I run hot. Best items I have found for this time of year are arm warmers and a gilet with mesh back.

Gonna be looking for some new trousers for commuting soon as my Singletrack trousers are massive (lost weight). Anything good out there? Not tights preferably.

sambob
    Free Member

Waterproof shorts are awesome. So much more comfortable, can’t believe it took so long for me to get a pair. 3/4s if you want a bit more coverage. Endura Superlite have been good for me so far, even in the alps in a blizzard in August.

stevede
    Free Member

For me, my endura mt500 3/4 length shorts with waterproof arse panel are the go to item for this time of year, knee warmers have also recently come out for the cold starts. Don’t get on with riding in trousers and full on waterproof shorts are too hot for me most of the time, I also run hot so tend to prefer my gore windstopper north face active shell jacket to my full on waterproof. Good bit of kit.

deluded
    Free Member

Sounds like you might be suited to Gore stuff.

The Gore Phantom jacket regulates temperature well. I’ve had mine for 7 years and although slightly snugger it’s worn superbly. Gore Plaster shorts are fantastic as well, airy but cut nicely. Not cheap though.

DT78
    Free Member

Waterproof shorts rustle loudly and get annoying on a long ride. An arse saver is pretty useful and cheap. Proper goretex shoes are awesome, sealskins socks poor mans second place

alexpalacefan

Head band thingy for the ears.
    +1 for Gilet.
    Buff.

APF

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Best item of clothing for autumn/early winter’ is closed to new replies.