Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Best iPhone X deals
  • swainy90
    Free Member

Currently with EE and it’s upgrade time. I currently have 20gb unlimited the rest and pay £37 on a 6s. Rang up earlier and was getting crazy prices for the X. Think was 25gb £100 upfront £75 a month. Just wondering if anyone has managed to haggle a great deal because although I like new tech I can’t bring myself to spend that much

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Best deals I’ve seen are on O2 about £250 down and £50 ish per month for 25gb data

Still daft money

The 8 is slowly becoming ‘affordable’

https://www.moneysupermarket.com/mobile-phones/brands/apple/iphone-x-64gb-grey/

ElShalimo

Crikey, £37/month is bonkers!!

Just buy a decent Android phone for ~£250 and get a SIM only contract

swainy90
    Free Member

I’ve had iPhone since the first one released I wouldn’t even know how to turn an android on I’m scared to turn to android

ivantate
    Free Member

Just get a new battery for the 6S.

Back upto speed and no change in monthly fees.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

…except advantage of x is that it’s waterproof and tough

But not £50 a month tough though

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Best deal I’ve seen is to buy one on interest free credit form an Apple store and chuck whatever sim in it you feel like. It’s about £79 deposit and the rest over 20 months, not 24. So you end up paying less per month and over less months if you’re canny. That’s what I’ll be doing.

jam-bo

…except advantage of x is that it’s waterproof and tough

7 onwards is waterproof, just as ‘tough’ and considerably cheaper.

But yeah, want a premium phone, it’ll cost you premium money.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Well the things cost a grand so that is the minimum you’re going to pay over the contract period plus the cost of the allowances. I pay £7.50 ppm on Giff Gaff which if fine for my use – though I do have a second work phone so some of my personal use is on that, so the best way for me to get one would be interest free over 2yrs or so. It’s a lovely bit of kit, I’ve had a try of a couple now, but not sure it’s that much better than the 8. Thought the 8 was waterproof too?

A mate has the 8 plus and that is a very nice bit of kit, the camera is brilliant. I think the plus models are the ones for me, the larger screen is great and easier on my ageing eyes and the larger size isn’t too bulky in the pocket.

wiggles
    Free Member

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

just as ‘tough’ and considerably cheaper.

I thought the x was designed tougher? ie hence why on launch day the designer chucked it in the air dropping on to concrete about 15ft

My 6 wouldn’t survive that

somouk
    Free Member

Considered the Apple upgrade program? It’s a 0% loan but after 10 payments you can upgrade to whatever the latest phone is. Means you never pay the full price for the phone and get the latest and greatest every year!

ticsmon

Keep getting emails from sky £42 a month for iPhone X. Not clicked on it though so don’t know any details

swainy90
    Free Member

Thanks for all the input guys. At the moment think I’m swaying towards sim only on the 6s. And maybe hold out a year or so and get the X when it may possibly of reduced in price. I only charge my 6s twice a day isn’t that normal for an iPhone hahaha. Wiggles love the photo!!! I will look into the 0% Apple programs mention above also see how it works out

pat12
    Free Member

I’ve got an iPhone X and to be honest I don’t really notice much difference from my 6s

The way it doesn’t show the content of text messages till you look at it is quite cool but that’s about it.

I wasn’t wowed put it that way

handyman153
    Free Member

A couple of weeks ago we got 4 deals via mobiles.co.uk

It was a Black Friday special and we got the iPhone X for £450 upfront and then £22.99 per month for 24 months.
    It is a large amount up front, but the total contract price is £1002, which was only £3 more then the phone alone from Apple.
    I was slightly sceptical, but all phones have turned up, and are fully working on 02. They are only 12GB data, but as most of the times the phones are on WiFi, we find that is fine!

Now that deal is no longer showing on the website, but we decided on a 5th phone last week, and called them directly. And they honoured the price.

Might be worth a try, it is a fantastic price!

jambalaya
    Free Member

Have a friend buy one in the US for you ?

Saw an 8 in Grey 64gb on sale in France for €769 or £681 (about 5% off rrp)

handyman153
    Free Member

Jambalaya –
    Don’t you have to be careful about this? I could be wrong, but I’m certain I read a US phone won’t work in the UK due to the reception Frequency (or something along those technical lines)!

kelvin

Played with an X … bought a 7 plus instead and kept a kidney.

newrobdob
    Free Member

My plan with EE which works every time.

1. Ring up and ask for PAC code
    2. Refuse offers for a new contract
    3. Don’t use PAC code
    4. EE will ring you 4/5 days later, this time a different retentions team with more cash, they will hopefully make you a great offer.

I’ve done this the last 4 contracts I’ve had for my iPhone 4,5,6 and 7! Each time I’ve got a deal which has been astonishing. I’ve generally had a new phone when they are 6 months old and paid around £35 a month, enough data (currently on 10gb) and the phone (currently a 7 with 64gb) handset completely free ( last time I changed the absolute best deal on the internet for that monthly fee and data the handset was £200+).

Hope that helps a bit.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@handy other posters here say they work fine and many friends and family bring their US phones here with no problems when they visit at Christmas time. We shall see from close personal experience very shortly 😉

Note years ago US/UK mobiles didn’t work in each others countries but that has long since changed I believe.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Just treated myself to an iPhone X 256gb.

Using an old contract for unlimited data and mins/text etc £20 a month. Although some Black Friday deals are getting closer.

Went for the white/silver rear cover.

Birthday today so it’s a present for myself lol

Waiting for the wireless charger to arrive today!

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Is that £20 per month plus the cost of the phone ?

roughly £60 a month ?

swainy90
    Free Member

They have rang me up again with a slightly better deal this time. Do I stick or bust haha.

iPhone X 64gb
    Free phone
    60gb data unlimited the rest
    £62.64

Yes there no way I’ll use 60gb but for some reason it was more expensive on 25gb plan. Yeah I don’t get it either.

Sound rather expensive but to break down think works out about £500 over the 2 years for the package with phone weighin in at £1000. I don’t know if this seems pretty reasonable.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Anyone getting any good deals at the min ?

I tried mobiles for that stonking IPhone X O2 deal and they pretty much laughed me out of the water !

Best I can currently see is £420 upfront and £38 per month 15gb data. Total £1,320

swainy90
    Free Member

I dunno if I’d say mine is a good deal but went with it in the end. I get 60gb data unlimited the rest, nothing upfront £60 a month. Works out 1440 for the two years. As the phone is £1000 I’d say it is reasonable

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Best iPhone X deals’ is closed to new replies.